Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Shotgun Series

Not sure if this is right spot for this. Has anyone ever considered or tried to organize some type of multi event shotgun championship series? Something set up like a weekend 3gun shoot with several stages, prize table Etc. Maybe a big prize at the end of the year for points leaders. Would there be enough sponsor interest and competitor participation? Your thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by jchris4769

If someone puts this on in TX, count me in!! I know several TX clubs host semi-routine shotgun matches, but the idea of a series is interesting too. Only drawback with a series is if you can't make all (or most) of the matches.

ETA: From a sponsorship standpoint, I'd think it'd be harder to support a shotgun only match than a regular 3-gun.

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

I'm in to help setup, RO and definitely shoot. Shotgun only matches are my favorite! Copperhead has their quarterly shotgun events which have been awesome. Maybe we can offer some beers to the guys at ETTS and Dissident to join the fun and round out the North/South Texas areas?

I'm in to help setup, RO and definitely shoot. Shotgun only matches are my favorite! Copperhead has their quarterly shotgun events which have been awesome. Maybe we can offer some beers to the guys at ETTS and Dissident to join the fun and round out the North/South Texas areas?

We are changing that up a bit. We are planning on doing shotgun matches on months with an extra weekend (5th Saturday). I like the idea of creating a series for Texas (or even TOLA)...

I would want to keep it in Texas and schedule around 3GUN majors. Also I know these days sponsorship requests are high, but would any of you(vendors, manufacturers, etc.) on here entertain supporting an event like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are changing that up a bit. We are planning on doing shotgun matches on months with an extra weekend (5th Saturday). I like the idea of creating a series for Texas (or even TOLA)...

Good to know, thank you sir! Sooo, the first match in the series is on Jan 30th? :devil:

and schedule around 3GUN majors.

Good luck with this part!

Your best bet is to pick a date that works for you and hopefully avoids any local 3-gun or pistol matches. Most shotgun matches fill with locals. Not nearly as many guys travel the country for shotgun only matches.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I'd go, love my shottie and never seem to make enough time to get out a practice with it on sporting clays or the like.

I always enjoy, but rarely see at major matches much use of all the different types of shells a SG can use. Slugs, buckshot, different types of birdshot, turkey loads... seems like a lot of options to keep a match director busy making cool stages...