Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI grip install

Noah my boy

Just bought an svi grip for my sti Cameron's limited gun.. I need some advise on what's the best way to get started.. The grip is super tight and I need to remove some material and have some ideas but would like to here some of your experience with these. I do have a competent gun smith that will do all my work he is just old school and the metal grips are new to him and me for that matter. Thank you for your time?

Put some layout fluid on the internal/mounting surfaces of the grip. Tap on lightly then take it off. Remove material from the areas where it's hanging up (where the layout fluid is removed). Just take off a little at a time and go slow.

Doug Jones at Acc-U-Rail did mine for a CK Arms Frame that needed lots of material removed. He comes recommended by the folks at SVI and his prices are very reasonable. SVI says that you need to have it installed by a competent gunsmith for them to provide warranty coverage. He turned mine around in a week.

Only thing that sucks is having to ship it and the cost involved.

Edited by tyler2you

• 4 weeks later...

Please post pics when you do tyler2.. Like to know how much and how long it takes as well.

Just got my parts back from Ionbond. A little short of 4 weeks. It's not a perfect match, but close enough. The parts don't have that deep black color like the slide/frame and are more gray than black.

2dtvsck.jpg