Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

627 Cylinder

bikerburgess

Numrich, Brownells, and Midway don't currently have any it seems. You may want to give Smith a call and see if they will sell you one. If they don't need the part at the moment and they have it, they might sell it. Other than that, you'll have to do some digging around the interwebs to try and find one that someone is trying to sell or has sitting on a shelf gathering dust.

I called Smith this morning, they said they had non to sell but probably had one they could install if I sent the gun in, that may be an option, but I'd rather not send the gun off if I don't have too.

Edited by bikerburgess

I shoot a 627 also and have to ask....you stated: "I had a little reloading issue and seam to have bulged mine a little."

Would you mind sharing your experience?

I appreciate when folks share their "Lessons Learned" stories.

Easiest way is to send in the gun without a cylinder. Place the yoke and all of the parts in the frame. Give them a sob story about how your ex-wifes boyfriend removed the parts or whatever story you choose. The will call you an idiot, have a laugh and fix your gun. Smith does not need to know about any loading errors or bulging.

I shoot a 627 also and have to ask....you stated: "I had a little reloading issue and seam to have bulged mine a little."

Would you mind sharing your experience?

I appreciate when folks share their "Lessons Learned" stories.

I was reloading on a new press and I assume double charged a case while dealing with a jamb. 4.5 gains of tight group with a MG 142 is fine, 9 ish is not.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a buddy who just purchased last week 2 new guns. One a 327 and the other a 627. He swapped cylinders and resold the 327 with the stainless cylinder for more than he paid. Sometimes you have to think outside the box on getting Ti cylinders these days.

81e4a5b655e3b5b8925202e221245f55.jpg

d2c01830337cb4bb9507bc3e05074345.jpg

alecmc, Where do you get your titanium cylinders? Thanks, Pete

out of all the ti cylinders I own, only maybe 1 of them was bought from S&W, the rest were 2nd hand stock , or used.

Just keep an eye out, network with some revolver peoples & be quick when the opportunity to buy comes up.

In October I was able to buy two new cylinders complete with extractors for my 627 from Numrich arms. They might call themselves Gun Part Corp now.

They were chromed but I don't see that as a negative. That might even add a little hardness to the stop notches to prevent skipping chambers.

Been running one now for a couple thousand rounds.

My guns aren't pretty but they do run.

Hope this helps.

Peter

Edited by TheBrick