Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sti Weight For Esp

Precision40

Of course, can't go using an ILLEGAL (over weight) pistola in IDPA.

Bushed barrel 40. cal STI with an STI stainless magwell (machined to fit in the box) FLGR (stainless) and magazine (Arrendondo international plastic base pad) weighed in at 40.5 oz.

Have not fit a stainless mainspring housing yet but I think I can use the mainspring housing to balance out the gun and bring it right up to 43 oz. limit

Advertised weight of the Eagle is 34 oz.

My para with S&A magwell and mag fits right in there at 42.something ounces, I'm sure an S*I frame weighs less than my Para frame so I'd guess you are in the clear. I'd be more worried about your magwell fitting the box, not sure which STI wells work.

Thanks for the good info. Luckily I have access to several milling machines and can easily trim to fit.

Someone told me the SV magwells require no trimming to fit the box, so I'll have to check that one out as well.

SV magwells will fit the box without trimming. I've got one on my "dual use" Eagle with bushing barrel. As to the weight issue I haven't worried about it, the gun weighs 34 oz less magwell and mag. My magwell is aluminum but several of the other guys in this area have stainless SV's on their guns and I have never heard of anyone getting dinged on weight.

My para with S&A magwell and mag fits right in there at 42.something ounces, I'm sure an S*I frame weighs less than my Para frame so I'd guess you are in the clear.  I'd be more worried about your magwell fitting the box, not sure which STI wells work.

How did you do that? My P16 with a S&A magwell that's been shaved to fit the box comes in at 43 ounces without a mag.

Honestly I don't know. I havn't weight it yet myself either, but George at EGW said he made it work. I believe he removed some weight from the MSH and could have also milled out the holes in the frame under the grip some if he needed to, but he didn't.

My para with S&A magwell and mag fits right in there at 42.something ounces, I'm sure an S*I frame weighs less than my Para frame so I'd guess you are in the clear.  I'd be more worried about your magwell fitting the box, not sure which STI wells work.

How did you do that? My P16 with a S&A magwell that's been shaved to fit the box comes in at 43 ounces without a mag.

Now that I think about it, you must have a different well than me. Mine is unmodified and fits the IDPA box with no problems.