Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Gun Should I Build Next?

In the spirit of the "what would you do with this gun" thread. I just minutes ago bought an STI frame (regular 5 inch) and slide (38 super/9mm, classic) and .355 barrel of forum member eerw. Now what the hell do I do with it? I have a major 9 open gun, I don't own a limited gun, I gave up shooting IDPA awhile ago, but could go back.

Seems I could build another open gun, kinda redundant, I could build a major 9 or 38 super limited type gun that would only be competitive in IDPA and for fun and perhaps carry (although heavy), is there something I'm not thinking of?

RTR..

make a steel gun for the Wed night steel matches...think Gene said he was hoping to start earlier this year..

make a IDPA gamer gun for ESP class...

the breechface on the slide measured .409 +/-

Gene said the other day steel matches will start in May. I think I'll just shoot my open gun for that, doesn't make much sense to build a gun just for that.

If all I need other than the already needed sights, innards, etc. for a .40 gun is a barrel sounds like making a limited .40 would make sense, I think I'll look into that.