Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vectan SP2

Open1215

Hey, so now that I have everyone's attention... I have an odd question that's been bugging me for a bit now.

Powdervalley has vectan powders in stock. All the "A" powders. Great. It's a bit cheaper and it is in stock awesome... where is the SP2? Everyone said it's the greatest and is soooo sad it's gone. Vectan is back. They still make sp1 2 3... why not send some over here??? Anyone have an answer?

Thank you all!

Here's a raccoon for your time...d04d0937c5c750d34526028419e7f560.jpg

I think if we all email powdervalley perhaps? ??

I already have but the more, the better.

AA#7 feels as good (maybe slightly softer) as SP2 but its not as clean.

Edited by al503

Any response?

Here's the conversation:
Thanks for the quick reply.
Many IPSC/USPSA Open division shooters (including me) used this when it was available.
You might consider putting a Facebook post asking if there is any demand for it. I think you would be surprised.
Thanks again.
Al
On Mar 13, 2015, at 2:35 PM, Powder Valley <reload@powdervalleyinc.com> wrote:
I haven't heard that we are going to carry this powder. If we do, we will put it on the website.
Thanks,
Powder Valley
620-229-8685
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2015 3:57 PM
To: reload@powdervalleyinc.com
Subject: Vectan Powder
Just wondering if SP2 is available from Vectan and if you guys ever plan on carrying it?
Have a great weekend.
Thanks,
Al
Edited by al503

Sp2 is a great powder but personally I felt 3n38 just as good or better. I think the big benefit of sp2 was it was cheaper in most markets.

Caveat: I've only shot a small amount of sp2 as vectan is patchy in supply where I am but I have shot thousands of rounds of 3n38.

If I could only have one I'd probably take 3n38. But more options is a good thing.

I really like 3n38. I love the smell of it it when I shoot it too. Like you said beer, more options would be nice, and at 17$-20$ a lb. Certainly a nice thing. Now the other hand, I have heard (never had it) that it is less bulky and that would be nice as well. 9.4g is a very full 9mm case. As is 10.5g in a 38 case

Yeah I wish I could easily get sp2 here too. We get the vectan and Nobel shotgun stuff but I haven't seen the pistol stuff for a while. Currently paying the eqivelant of $50 usd for a pound of 3n38. Gets pricey when I can get a local powder similar to win540 for about the equivalent of $27 usd a pound. But I kind of feel like the 3n38 is almost twice as good. The other popular open powder I mentioned (made by a local company who makes powder for hodgdon) is dirtier, louder, more flamey and not nearly as nice to shoot as 3n38 or n105. It's good but the vv stuff really is too shelf. :)