Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help loose sight match in am

f2benny

I check the front Warren f.o. sight on my G34 before packing up for a match jn the am and it's loose. I had blue lock Tite on it but now it's loose. I tightened it down firmly with more blue LT, but is there anything else I can do? Shooting in 14 hours. Heat, cold, anything to get it to cure faster?

Don't think the blue Loctite has sufficient holding strength for your front sight.....

Dawson recommends using Loctite 262 high strength red when installing his Glock front FO sights.

Have used this on my G17 and G34, and never had one come loose.

HTHs

You need Blue Loctite 620. Thats what Dawson recommends because it withstands high heat. I put 2 drops on and i have sights that have been on my Glocks for 4 years already. I took one off my Glock that was on for a couple years and it was hard to get off.. 620 for front sights, 262 for rear sights

The 620 I got from Dawson is green and a high strength retaining compound.

It is Green. I'm color blind.. But the 620 works the best for front sights and handles heat to like 450 degrees.. I think Dawson even says to use

620 on front sights in his video.. I never tried the 271 yet. I'll have to give 271 a try..

Edited by bigtimelarry

The 620 I got from Dawson is green and a high strength retaining compound.

It is Green. I'm color blind.. But the 620 works the best for front sights and handles heat to like 450 degrees.. I think Dawson even says to use

620 on front sights in his video.. I never tried the 271 yet. I'll have to give 271 a try..

Agreed, the 620 is the only loctite I have got to hold my front sight on one of my pistols.

The blue for stuff you want snug but want to remove. The red is for stuff you don't want to come off or remove. I use red for attaching scope bases to a rifle, the mount to the gun on my open gun and sights that screw on. If needed to be removed just have to use heat. The key is prepping the surface an degreasing totally and then waiting 24 hrs to use. The green 620 Dawson discusses is for friction fit parts and is used for dovetail sights etc