Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My production gun

Bigbadaboom

Trident Weaponry finished my M&P Pro 9. All internal friction parts and the barrel are done in Cerakote Micro Slick lubricating dry film coating. The slide is Cerakoted in their custom color "Charred Crimson" under burnished black giving it their battle worn look (which both Eric Stanley and I like the term Steampunk better) and then topped with Cerakote matt clear. They stippled the grip and it doesn't move in wet hands.

post-180-0-80719400-1443242487_thumb.png

post-180-0-26678600-1443242547_thumb.png

post-180-0-41610500-1443242588_thumb.png

post-180-0-89778400-1443242624_thumb.png

You may want to look at this before a major match:

attachicon.gifstipple.JPG

Maybe it's a 3Gun or Limited Minor gun. In addition to the stippling I believe the "Micro Slick lubricating Dry Film coating" Cerakote would be a Production Division issue. Although you can refinish a production gun, the new finish can't add a competitive advantage.

You may want to look at this before a major match:

attachicon.gifstipple.JPG

Maybe it's a 3Gun or Limited Minor gun. In addition to the stippling I believe the "Micro Slick lubricating Dry Film coating" Cerakote would be a Production Division issue. Although you can refinish a production gun, the new finish can't add a competitive advantage.

The thread title is

"My production gun"

The thread title is

"My production gun"

Bummer... Well in that case, I would just call the finish Cerakote and leave off the Micro Slick dry film coating thing. I've never heard of "un-stippling" a poly frame but I suppose it could be smoothed out enough as to not cause a competitive advantage. Nice looking M&P though.

My youngest son refinished his slide but insisted on emailing Troy before he did just to be certain it didn't knock it out of Production.

I would assume the trigger guard since the rules specifically says no stippling on the trigger guard. He did say production gun so I hope the company that did the work didn't just put him out a ton of money.

• 2 weeks later...

12) I want to hard-chrome my gun, but hard-chrome provides “non-cosmetic functions” (such as lubricity, rust prevention, etc). Is hard-chroming allowed?

ANSWER: YES, as long as the new finish provides no competitive advantage (such as roughened texture where stippling or grip tape would not be allowed, per Appendix E4).

Micro slick only provides internal lubricity. The competitive advantage clause in production division for finishes is clearly written to inform that they mean an ability to grip the slide easier than with a factory finish.

The stippling in the undercut has already been addressed and fixed. Took 2 minutes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by Bigbadaboom