Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI question

ghost21

Just needing a little advice!

I looked at a STI 2011 Marauder pistol, with 1 20rd mag at my LGS The price will be a little over 2K after taxes.

My question is ,Has anyone got this pistol? How does it shoot? and Do you think this is a good buy?

I'm thinking very hard about it, But just have to get the wife on-board !

The price is well below the MSRP ! Just would like to know A little more about the pistol before I make the plunge.

Thanks

Jeff

Edited by ghost21

Been outa town guys, The Marauder I saw was new, Not sure if they still make it ,But it is shown on their website. It did have 1 140mm mag. I checked it out as close as I could without taking it apart. And from what I could tell it was a new pistol. Not a scratch on it inside or out ! I know that a good gunsmith can hide a lot stuff ,But from eyeballing the pistol I would say its NIB !

• 3 weeks later...

The Marauder is great for it's price. The parts alone will cost you around $1,700 (not including labor) and you'll need to pay additional north of $800 in labor fees (depending on who is your gunsmith) to build one. If your new with STI or with the sport, this one is a great buy just because you can use it for USPSA (Lim and Lim-10 Divisions) and IDPA (ESP Division)... Take note STI came with a limited edition called the Hex Tac. Please check that out.