Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Compensators

mro111lland

How can I tell if my compensator is enough for my load am running 7.2 grains longshot 124 grain bullets have a 2 port compensator on an sps vista 5 inch barrel with a comandar length recoil system seem to be getting more dot jump than I like did the paper test held gun 1 inch away from a pice of whit paper fired 1 round only had alittle black splatter in a 1 inch circle around the hole did not break the paper do u thing a larger comp with more ports will help or is it just my grip

I agree with Foxbat above.

That being said, it sounds like you have things a little backwards. It sounds as if you are trying to fit a comp to your load when you should be tuning your load (bullet, powder and amount of powder) to work your comp to it's best possible performance.

I agree with Foxbat above.

That being said, it sounds like you have things a little backwards. It sounds as if you are trying to fit a comp to your load when you should be tuning your load (bullet, powder and amount of powder) to work your comp to it's best possible performance.

Agreed that he needs to find the load for his comp, but with just 2 ports he isn't going to get as much benefit vs a 4 port if he is shooting major loads. A good 4 port design would work much better. With a 4 port he can use more powder and get more "compensation" for less dot rise. Edited by MrPostman

Sorry about not using periods in my posts, realy sucked in english class. No the dot does not leave the glass just seems to jump around alot have shot open for 2 years this gun for only 3 months went from xdm open gun to 2011 platform thought it would shoot flatter than the plastic gun.