Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sphinx SPD Alpha

Just finished running 600(500 rounds Nato 124g and 100 rounds HST 147g+p) rounds through my new Sphinx SDP Alpha Compact. The gun has been flawless. Double action is smooth and breaks clean, CGW springs took it to 8lbs. SA is right at 4 and super crisp with a short reset.

It's super accurate friom a rest, as well as naturally pointing well like CZ variants tend to.

I could not be happier with it and have ordered a subcompact as well.

Full size full metal with adjustable sights is on the way...

Edited by jeffhughes

• 5 months later...

Sorry to bring this old thread back up. I am considering a SDP compact but the nearest authorized dealer is 2 hours away from where I live, so I would like to learn as much about the gun as possible before I hit the road. I have watched many videos and read pages of reviews but one thing I would still like to know is the trigger reach = from the back of the grip right below the beaver tail to the trigger when the gun is set in DA (de-cocked). Can anyone help me out?? If the reach is way too long, I would not even go and hold it in my hand as I have small hands.

I am also considering a CZ P-01 as it fits in my hand nicely and the trigger is practically "reachable" in DA (decocked). If anyone has both, please compare both for the trigger reach.

Thanks in advance.

I don't have both, but the Sphinx with the small grip is totally doable for small hands. It puts my finger on the trigger in the perfect spot for accurate hits, SA or DA

Edited by jeffhughes

• 3 months later...

Full size......I don't think so....

I gave up hope and bought a stock 3...

They do have the longer grip model with full frame metal out now

But it was brought to my attention in another thread that they may be having financial issues...but I don't see much out there to verfiy that info....