Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mixing parts with ZEV Fulcrum kit

IntenseImage

Got my Adj. Fulcrum today and quickly got to installing it in my 35 Gen4 ... Replacing the TTi GM kit currently installed. In the process I tried both the 2 and 3# striker springs that came with the kit and settled on leaving the TTi striker spring in. That got me wondering if some of the other TTi parts may play well with the ZEV kit - specifically the trigger spring and connector.

Anyone try mixing parts with a ZEV kit?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OK, thanks ... What is factory weight?

Factory FPS and TS are matched at 5.5#. A stronger TS and a much weaker FPS can upset that balance and cause reset issues in Gen 4 Glocks.

If you use a 6# TS and a 4# FPS the TS is now 50% stronger than the FPS and they were originally balanced at 5.5#.

I shoot Glock in production and limited class and run 6# springs in my Gen 3and4 with no issues have done this for years. All major drop in trigger kits will come with a 6# trigger spring or heavier for a lighter trigger pull.

Been there and tried that, I've learned how to tune the factory parts so I just order springs and tune the items myself. The only thing I do use is a Lone Wolf trigger housing with an overtravel stop, just because I like a hard back to the trigger.

OK, thanks ... What is factory weight?

Factory FPS and TS are matched at 5.5#. A stronger TS and a much weaker FPS can upset that balance and cause reset issues in Gen 4 Glocks.

If you use a 6# TS and a 4# FPS the TS is now 50% stronger than the FPS and they were originally balanced at 5.5#.

This is what I've found as well. I always run the factory Trigger Spring and typically use a 4.5lb Striker spring with factory striker.

I shoot Glock in production and limited class and run 6# springs in my Gen 3and4 with no issues have done this for years. All major drop in trigger kits will come with a 6# trigger spring or heavier for a lighter trigger pull.

Having worked on more than 200 Glock triggers and seen reset issues with SOME Gen 4 Glocks with 6# trigger springs I will have to disagree with you.