Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sp01 reliability

Honeybooboo

+1 for trigger return spring just changed mine

they are a bit short throated and tight so they can be a bit finicky on what you feed it.....

its pretty dang nice out of box..... but can easily be turned into rock star with some DIY polishing and aftermarket parts....

Edited by biglou13

Extra slide stop, one for match use only, one for everything else

After the season, the match one becomes everyday and get a new match one

This was the advice I got from AA

Your mileage may vary depending on round count

Does the slide stop wear to the point it stocks working? I've got about 5k rounds on mine.

So far no issues at all on either of my two SP-01s other than the fiber optic rod on one of them, which keeps falling out.

3.5K rounds on mine and no problem encountered. Gun cleaned after every shooting session and all parts that are shiny get a coat of either oil or grease. All parts are still stock, with the exception of the recoil spring which is replaced by a DPM recoil spring.

from what I see in various posts, trigger return spring and slide stop seem to fail, but I don't know if this is on factory or custom models.

(to be on the safe side just ordered the CZ spares kit, which I'm expecting any day now)

It will snap in the center where it contacts the barrel

locks up the slide

If it happens at practice, easy fix, if it happens during a stage, could zero it depending on at what point

Ask me how I know

How many rounds did you have on yours when it failed?