Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I think HQ messed up here.

LilBunniFuFu

It may not be a mistake. A shooter could conceivably drop below 60% depending on the mix of scores counting (with the % leeway in what counts in B) and still maintain the B classification. As for me, I petitioned to bump up to B open a few years ago and that's what I am even though my % is below 60%. So . . . there are a couple of entirely kosher ways that could happen.

It may not be a mistake. A shooter could conceivably drop below 60% depending on the mix of scores counting (with the % leeway in what counts in B) and still maintain the B classification. As for me, I petitioned to bump up to B open a few years ago and that's what I am even though my % is below 60%. So . . . there are a couple of entirely kosher ways that could happen.

You can see the % and the High % didn't drop down.

Oops, if the shooter is truly B Limited, there is a mistake. The Single Stack D classification should be C regardless of %, as you can only be one classification lower than your highest classification.

DING DING DING. Now can you quote the rule?

This is from the classification system explanation (flags used for scores) at the beginning of the rule book on page iv. There is no rule number to cite per se, but this is certainly applicable and the only one I know of in the rules. The D scores/classification in Singlestack would therefore be too low and not counted, thus moving the shooter to C per this flag.

C — A score that is more than one class below the highest class in any division attained by the member. e.g. A member has a Master class in Open division and a B class score in Limited is submitted. This score will be flagged with C and not used.

Did the shooter place 1st or 2nd C Limited at a major match with a match percentage in the 60s? If so you can get bumped to the next class without ever having a average in that range. I made B production with a high average of 58%.

So that could answer one of the issues but the D to B issue still exists

This is from the classification system explanation (flags used for scores) at the beginning of the rule book on page iv. There is no rule number to cite per se, but this is certainly applicable and the only one I know of in the rules. The D scores/classification in Singlestack would therefore be too low and not counted, thus moving the shooter to C per this flag.

C — A score that is more than one class below the highest class in any division attained by the member. e.g. A member has a Master class in Open division and a B class score in Limited is submitted. This score will be flagged with C and not used.

Correct in your findings and location. Except for one thing, the unclassified shooter. The rule book makes no mention of actually bumping the current class to one below the highest. Quite ambiguous to say the least since we all know that people are bumped like that.

Did the shooter place 1st or 2nd C Limited at a major match with a match percentage in the 60s? If so you can get bumped to the next class without ever having a average in that range. I made B production with a high average of 58%.

So that could answer one of the issues but the D to B issue still exists

Yes the shooter took first C at an area match and got bumped, funny thing is the second place C also shot in the 60's and did not get bumped.

Actually, that's how the system works. The 4 classifiers in Open put you at the threshold for a 'valid' classification in that division and you can no longer be called Unclassified. But the rules say you can only be classed one level lower than your highest, regardless of the actual percentages earned.

I've noticed a lot of M's and GM's who get a classification in Revolver. A lot of them would barely rate a D as a stand-alone.

I actually spoke to Val at HQ who does the manual changing of classification. They do have an internal policy that is not published anywhere that states that you cannot be more than one below your highest. This particular instance was oversighted during the manual bump.

But the rules say you can only be classed one level lower than your highest, regardless of the actual percentages earned.

Technically there is no rule on this. Just that your scores will be ignored until they are not in the most recent 8.