Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Pro 40 in Limited?

rack&roll

Springer also has a handy slide racker. The bigger Limited magwell in brass from SSS is great for adding some weight. TF also makes some brass basepads/extensions that are great for adding additional stationary/non-reciprocating weight. And LF Arms has a great extended mag catch that is solid steel.

Edited by wgj3

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not really asking what mods people are doing to their guns, my questions are: why I don't see more top shooters using them in USPSA limited division?... and who is using them? I also noticed almost no top shooters were using M&P 9's in 2015 production Nationals this year.

I've thought long and hard on this one. The trigger design of the M&P really blows it for Production. I have several M&Ps, it's the only pistol I shoot, but I can't stand that hooked two-piece factory trigger. All mine now wear Apex Flat Faced Triggers (including my Shields), which are wonderful, but changing out that trigger shoe is illegal for Production. Now, it's not an issue with Limited or Limited 10, but I think you see more people there that are afflicted with buying the most expensive toys they can get their hands on and the M&P just doesn't fit into that market well. As an instructor I've stopped recommending the M&P line, except for the Shield, to students because the trigger is so horrible that it's difficult to teach new shooters without overhauling their new guns with Apex parts.