Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate Recoil Spring Preference

accu9

I prefer the 10 lb factory spring. No need to change it.

Wait, the Czechmate comes with a 10# recoil spring out of the box? I'm looking to switch as the muzzle dips when returning to battery. Experience leads me to believe that the recoil spring is too heavy.

Edited by accu9

Factory for a 40 TS is 14, so I would expect that it would have to be lighter than that to even function with the comp, but I don't know....

What are you running in your 2011? Maybe try one of those?

::ETA:: looks like PRanta beat me to it!

Edited by Gooldylocks

How did you measure the spring weight? I ask because there are many different answers floating around. On cz forum an old post was answered by Rob at CZ Custom and he said he believed it was 14lbs. http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=29720.15

In another post cz-usa said they believe it was 16lbs!

I am running a 13 lb right now but would like to go a little lower because I am getting a little dip in the dot when the slide returns to battery.

I'm pretty sure my Oz spec CM came with a 14lb spring (it's 3 years old old). I bought 10/11/12/13/15/16 springs and tried them all and the stock one feels lighter than the 15, heavier than the 12.

I run the 14 with 170PF loads and it sits pretty flat. I run the 10 with my 135PF steel loads. They wouldn't cycle properly with the 14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a difference between knowing and believing :closedeyes:. I use precision scale and caliper for my spring measurements. The CM recoil spring is quite long. It gives about same in battery locking forces as 11 and 13 lb springs. So it is very difficult to hand weight springs. The CM slide is over 20% lighter than TS slide. The recoil spring can also be lighter.

I wonder if 2 different CM spring designs going around. I have two new CM's - made in 2015. Don't have a recoil spring gage but I compared the stock recoil spring with the calibration spring pack - and it's a lot stiffer than the CGW 10 lb.. Feels closer to 14 or 15 lb. - no question on this. I know what a 10 lb spring feels like from my 1911's and an SP01, this is much stiffer. Got it from CZ USA - stock, paid 15 dollars per each.

- or there different standards to measuring spring weight?

My CM was made in 14, shipped into USA in Feb. of 2015. Check your date of manufacture stamped on the slide by serial # on your gun. the last time CM came in to the US was in Feb 2015(50 :( total)

Checked my CGW 10lb spring, measuring spring weight 9.8lb

There might be different factory CM springs. My CM is made in 2011.

The slide movement is not same thing as compressed spring length. My spring has 34 effective turn (36 total) and 136 mm (5.35") free length when it was fresh. In gun it is compressed into 93 mm (3.66"). After slide movement of 51 mm (2.01") it has fully compressed length 42 mm (1.65"). The lb rating refers to the force needed to get this compression.