Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mulligans

Onepocket

I'm not talking about drill sergeant ROs Mr. Halley. Nobody wants that. I'm talking about the new guy who won't come back because his gun malfunctioned and he didn't get a pity reshoot.

Don't worry about making light of my comments. Both my ego and toes remain unaffected.

Hi Seth,

I wasn't referring to your toes or ego. I was talking more about the thread drift I was causing. Rock on!

-Forrest

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a guy get a mulligan because my camera made too much noise and distracted him while he was shooting an open gun in .38 Super.

This was a guy on a squad I volunteered to help run 12 stages on after we shot in the morning and were supposed to go home, I guess some of the 'Pro' shooters are pansies.

what rule did he cite to the RO that warrented a reshoot?

He said it was annoying, as,soon as he was finished shooting. He told the R.O. running him, that was amnoying I was kind of slow anyway, he heard his time 7.4, the R.O. asked him if he wanted a reshoot, he said yes.

Since I was an R.O. helping run them, the R O. Running him said it was R.O. interference, so he got a reshoot, was a little faster, shot 2 Alphas, 4 Charlies, he had more Alphas 1st time.

I had some great action shots of him he would have liked. If I showed him, but he was a Douche so I deleted them.

RM was supposed to authorize all reshoots, but the CRO didn't call him on this, he was not happy about it, said he could have arbitrated it if he wanted to, but would lose.

I went to shoot a Steel Challenge match at a club I'd never been to before earlier this year. While waiting to start I noticed that Smoke & Hope looked a little odd .... got distracted talking with others & when we went to shoot the stage the first run of the first shooter was 1.80 secs with his rimfire gun ... now he's not a bad shooter but he's no sub 2 sec SC guy either. He even remarked after his run that "i've never shot sub 2 secs before ...". Now I really looked at the stage & it turned out the lateral distance between targets was several feet off. For Pemdulum, all targets were at 14 yds vice 18 yds & teh Stop Plate was 8 yds ... similar issues with 5 To Go. When I brought it up to one of the ROs they "assured" me teh stages were set correctly. The final straw was when I was shooting Accelerator & the RO claimed I had a miss because he didn't "hear a ding". the fact that there was clearly a bullet mark on the edge of teh target didn't mean anything to him. Also, since they wouldn't paint between shooters there was no way to tell no matter what. Instead of explaining to them that I was a SC match director and they had no clue what they were doing I just left after the match & have never been back

Nimitz, Are You Friggin kidding me !!! They don't repaint the Targets and because he didn't hear a Ding.. LMAO !!!

Tell me which match this was so i don't mistakingly go there..

We sometimes give some leniency to a brand new shooter through a little coaching (if the shooter requests it), but reshoots/restarts should only occur according to the rule book. A level 1 competition is still a competition. You are not going to learn if someone keeps giving you handouts.

Since I think there are a few people that shoot my matches in this thread, I want to ask one thing. If any of this is happening at my match --- please let me know. This is something that I'd correct in a hot second if I knew it was going on at my match.

We sometimes give some leniency to a brand new shooter through a little coaching (if the shooter requests it), but reshoots/restarts should only occur according to the rule book. A level 1 competition is still a competition. You are not going to learn if someone keeps giving you handouts.

Since I think there are a few people that shoot my matches in this thread, I want to ask one thing. If any of this is happening at my match --- please let me know. This is something that I'd correct in a hot second if I knew it was going on at my match.

Cutting a new guy a break is one thing, letting a good shooter have a reshoot so they don't have a bad stage or place lower in the standings is another.

• 1 month later...

I say it depends on the shooter, if its the guys first time, yeah help him out and he will have fun and come back and the sport will grow. if the guy has a team shirt on where he shot the nationals and so many sponsors that he has their names on his underwear and he wants a re-shoot because he forgot to turn his dot on or take the cover off, not a chance.