Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting classified

Balakay

I have been shooting USPSA for about 6 months now. I have shot a grand total of 1 classifier stage. Not that I really care if I am a D vs. C but I would like to assess my progress. For now, I have been comparing my scores to a local GM. I am at about 55% of his points. Do clubs typically run classifiers at each monthly match? Should I forget about this and just try to dominate the U's :D

Most clubs will run a classifier stage, but I don't think its required at every match. Clubs do have to have a minimum amount for the year I believe though. If you've shot for 6 months, you should have more than 1 classifier on file.

Clubs will also occasionally run Classifier matches where all (or most) of the stages are classifiers. Rarely do I shoot a match that doesn't have at least a classifier stage so if you've shot 6 matches, you should have enough for a classification. Have you checked your classification on the USPSA website? Pretty easy to do.

Clubs will also occasionally run Classifier matches where all (or most) of the stages are classifiers. Rarely do I shoot a match that doesn't have at least a classifier stage so if you've shot 6 matches, you should have enough for a classification. Have you checked your classification on the USPSA website? Pretty easy to do.

I have checked the USPSA site. The only match that I shot that had a classifier was my first match. Didn't have a USPSA number at the time so no score listed. All other matches have been without classifiers. My GPA is 0.0.

I have checked the USPSA site. The only match that I shot that had a classifier was my first match. Didn't have a USPSA number at the time so no score listed. All other matches have been without classifiers. My GPA is 0.0.

Looks like you get to rule the "U", wonder why they don't do classifiers, they're the easiest stages to set up and tear down. Are they short of shooting bays? I've even seen where 2 classifiers were set up in the same bay, the shooters took turns shooting each and the reset was done after each one was shot once. Pretty efficient that way (can get confusing though :roflol: )

• 3 weeks later...

I'm relatively new to USPSA & so far have only shot 4 matches. The first was in Production division and the last three have been in Limited. I'm a little confused about getting classified. Do I need to have six classifiers in a division to get classified initially or will I get classified after four classifiers?

• 3 weeks later...

My club has at least one classifier at every monthly USPSA-sanctioned match, with an all-classifier match (six classifier stages) every six months. My first USPSA match just happened to be an all-classifier, which helped me get classified right away. I didn't really understand what "all-classifier" meant when I showed up for the match.

Edited by GunBugBit