Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Edge 9mm

Red Ryder

COL = Factory to 1.170

Springs 9=10 lbs

Tried every wiget there is I think like some and have a box full of others, never stopped any of mine from running

Yes

u have to do some stuff on 1911-2011 to be a user

put some oil on them! don't really care what kinda oil just some oil, they like to run wet in general

No comparison in a Glock and a STI. Glocks are loose and will run with all sorts of sand and other debris in them, STIs are tight and need a good dose of your preferred lube to be reliable. If you aren't into cleaning you guns often then it might be a good time to start showing them a little more TLC, especially if you own a STI or any other gun that is tightly fitted.

• 4 months later...

Seen several STI pistols that wouldn't run start running by going to the U die. Have a 9mm Trojan, little barrel throating and an aftec extractor

runs 100% and has over 30,000 rounds through it. Have an Eagle again throated stock extractor. Using bullets from 115 up to 160gn.

My guns like an OAL between 1.140 and 1.150.

Eagle has Grams followers and springs, Trojan uses stock Metalform magazines or Wilson with two coils cut off the magazine springs

10lb recoil springs and 15lb mainsprings.

What is a "U" die?

• 3 months later...

Undersize die sold by egw and lee. Made by Lee if memory serves me correct. Resizes the case a little smaller than a typical resizing die.

Sorry to re-up an old an old thread...

Been looking for one of these dies and seems egw doesn't carry them anymore? I've glanced at their site for the last couple months with none in stock...

Are there any other dies out there similar?

I usually get a 5% fail to case gauge rate after locking down my Dillon sizing die all the way down. (I used to get 10% failure to case gauge rate)

Being lazy this weekend, I shot about 200 rounds of 9mm that were not case gauged and had 2 rounds that stuck in the chamber/barrel. Failure to feed and eject... Had to take my glock slide off, took the internals out, which relieved the tension off the slide, and finally used a small flathead to get the rounds out.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, is there a sizing die out there that can help my lazy ass? Even case gauging with a 100round Shock bottle takes too long....

Sorry to thread jack, but this I'm in a similar situation as the OP.