Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Older P16-40...shoots lights out!

zipper046

Just thought I'd post....an older Canadian built P16-40. Changed hands a few times...had some work done: trigger job, tri-topped slide, fiber optic front, new adjustable rear, fitted Ed Brown bushing. Took her out for a spin today after sitting in the safe for awhile (went back to Glocks for a bit)....

She shoot's lights out with my reloads (180 grain Berrys, 5.3gr's UNIQUE, 1.135" OAL).....1" and sub-1" groups at 50 feet (16 yards - max indoor range distance). Love the size and weight.

Have a new STI Eagle, custom built that just arrived...so will have to compare and see which becomes #1 and which becomes backup... LOL

post-13392-0-21351100-1438716922_thumb.j

Edited by zipper046

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought one about a year ago after shooting a Glock for a year and a half. I think the Para has jammed twice, and both times it was an oversized reload. I honestly don't know why people knock the Para so much.

I finally got to shoot my new Pro Custom 16.40 this afternoon. I did not experience any malfunctions with SPS 140mm, stock, or modified mags for a RIA 2011. My one complaint is the grip is huge. I was throwing everything low and left. It is going to take me a while to get used to it. I grabbed my M&P 40 Pro that I have been using for limited and was dead on. On the M&P I use the small insert so the huge grip of the Para is challenging for me. The big plus is the Para weighs 12oz more than the M&P and shot so much softer. I have a match tomorrow to ring out the Para. Hopefully everything goes well and I will have good report.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got to shoot my new Pro Custom 16.40 this afternoon. I did not experience any malfunctions with SPS 140mm, stock, or modified mags for a RIA 2011. My one complaint is the grip is huge. I was throwing everything low and left. It is going to take me a while to get used to it. I grabbed my M&P 40 Pro that I have been using for limited and was dead on. On the M&P I use the small insert so the huge grip of the Para is challenging for me. The big plus is the Para weighs 12oz more than the M&P and shot so much softer. I have a match tomorrow to ring out the Para. Hopefully everything goes well and I will have good report.

I Had mine rounded by my gunsmith. You can also chk what I did to my other Para 18-9.