Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who here shoots an open Tanfoglio?

bigboy69

The EAA 170mm mag was garbage for me when I had my 38 super gold team.I put a Grams follower and was able to get 28 rounds in it but there was too much bulging due to the thin wall construction which made it very unreliable. $150 + shipping is too much for a mag that doesn't work....

Mec gar makes the "K" mags. The also adequate an anti friction ones. Mec gar now supplies tanfo w mags. If your not only looking for 170mm, you can get regular mags and add henning 140 pads and grams guts. Gunpartscorp.com (may not be exact just Google gun parts corp)

Look up witness mags, large frame. They have/had mec gar mags that have the AFC mags. For about 23$ +shipping. Or you can get them from eaa if you buy in sets of 2 you can get the "K" mags fir 25$ each. You just have to deal w eaa sloooooooow shipping. I'm less then 2 hours from the eaa plant and it took 2 weeks last time I ordered from them. I could have ridden my bike there n back in that time.. lol

There are caspian mags that work. The thing is there's not many 170mm caspian mags out there. (Not that I've found) they also have to be modified. And lastly not all caspian mags will work. It has to be a cretin design. It's more common to see tanfo mags N a caspian then the other way around really. Plus caspian mags are about 70$

It will not be gun specific. Any 38 sup tanfo magazine will work just fine. You will have to put aftermarket base pads on to get them to see properly in the magazine well, you will want to have you add aftermarket pads anyway for added capacity.

They won't be Chrome. But they will fit. Only difference is with the heating pads you'll get more capacity then the pads that eaa recommend. recommend. If you don't believe me call Henning with the magazine part number and ask him if his 140 pads on that magazine will fit a Gold team. Then you will have peace of mind before ordering.

OK, thanks for ALL the help here from everyone!!!!

So now I know any 38 super tanfo mag will fit in my gun.

I have to work on getting at least one good 170 mag for USPSA....thats what I really need. The gun comes with 5 mags with henning pads and I believe Gramms springs and followers