Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stand 1 147gr Chubbies

dinmax82

those are pricy.

there are other less expensive options.

blue bullets has an inexpensive sample pack.

dont know it its better but deffinitely comparable

i like them

those bullets make me look like a better shooter

with right load and tuning very managable recoil and faster target re acquisition

many are of the 147 are a bit finicky to load...... but well worth it

I've used Freedom Munitions 147 gr ammo, which is similar in price to the Stand 1 offering. They're a little cheaper at $218.32 per 1000. Free shipping for orders over $100. The ammo cycled my Glocks fine and shot with decent accuracy. The ammo was subsonic, but definitely not reduced power as the Chubbies are advertised. The Freedom Munitions ammo was able to cycle my guns with a suppressor attached, too.

I save over $100 per 1000 when loading my own reduced power 147 gr loads. My reloads are considerably more accurate and softer shooting than factory/retail offerings. If you can get over the initial equipment expense, reloading is the way to go.

Stand 1 makes a better product than Freedom, but then that's just my opinion. Biased of course. I use chubbies in 3 gun and will shoot them next week at the production nationals. They make 129 PF out my 5 inch Walther, same for the M&P 5 inch I use in 3 gun. current pricing shows $230/1000. I do not know anything about shipping as I pick up my orders at the shop. Softer than WWB and very accurate.

I've been thinking about trying some of these in my CZ-75B. Has anyone had experience (good or bad) with this ammo in CZ's? I know those guns can have issues with 147 grain bullets due to the OAL. FWIW, my gun feeds American Eagle and the (very pricey) Cor-Bon Performance Match 147 gr. loads just fine.....

I shoot 147gr sns casing coated bullets almost exclusively in my Glock and my buddy shoots only 147's in his CZ. He has to load them a little shorter but they run great out of both guns. If you haven't tried them, do, they are well worth it. As mentioned above, with the right load the 147 recoil is almost non-existent (especially out of a 9mm 1911).

I've used Freedom Munitions 147 gr ammo, which is similar in price to the Stand 1 offering. They're a little cheaper at $218.32 per 1000. Free shipping for orders over $100. The ammo cycled my Glocks fine and shot with decent accuracy. The ammo was subsonic, but definitely not reduced power as the Chubbies are advertised. The Freedom Munitions ammo was able to cycle my guns with a suppressor attached, too.

I save over $100 per 1000 when loading my own reduced power 147 gr loads. My reloads are considerably more accurate and softer shooting than factory/retail offerings. If you can get over the initial equipment expense, reloading is the way to go.

If I were to pay over $200 a 1000 for bullets then I be buying the Remington 147gr Match bullets. I have shot thousands of these and they IMO are the best of the best 147gr bullets on the market!

Midway has the Remington's right now for $21.99 per 100 ,Yes you would have to pay shipping, But since Remington's are the best why not go with them if you have deep pockets!

• 2 weeks later...