Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Leveling the Playing Field

d_striker

I got to thinking after Phil's statement stating that Production is not a level playing field.

If the core value of USPSA is to test purely the shooter on a level playing field we should definitely make some changes.

-Matches should provide one competitor gun for each division that every competitor must use. That way everyone is using the exact same equipment. Competitors must supply their own belt, holster, and pouches but the holster and pouches must be a specific brand.

-Competitors must purchase ammo directly from one manufacturer that USPSA chooses. This way, no one can get an edge on loading to their personal preference, ie-heavy bullet/light bullet/slow powder/fast powder.

-Competitor must wear a 100% cotton shirt. Wearing high tech materials that wick away moisture better than cotton is not fair.

-Competitor must wear only the approved shoes listed on the USPSA Approved Footwear list. Sadly, Salomon's are not going to be on that list. They are just too fast and grippy. Their cost prohibitive price point has created a footwear race that needs to be stopped.

Edited by d_striker

I'd like it if they could level the playing field. Most of the range's I've seen have uneven ground and you end up with puddles and trip hazards. If USPSA wants to send over a dude with a road roller and a few trucks of gravel to all the ranges, I'm really cool with that use of my membership monies.

I'd like it if they could level the playing field. Most of the range's I've seen have uneven ground and you end up with puddles and trip hazards. If USPSA wants to send over a dude with a road roller and a few trucks of gravel to all the ranges, I'm really cool with that use of my membership monies.

+1... :)