Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great deal on pistol primers!

DefiantMenace

Just ordered 5k and they even prompted me a code for free shipping. 5k for 99.00 with a 20.00 hazmat and free shipping. This way I can save my wsp and federals for big matches.

I did the same thing today. Couldnt stand it any more, hope they work well with light hammer and striker springs. If so, and they keep them in stock, I'll order 10k more.

Holy cow, I ordered 5k of the S&B primers Monday the 17th, got in on the free shipping offer, and they were delivered today. Was not expecting to see them til next week. So far so good, now to see if they shoot. :D

I went through 500 rounds with them this week and I had one light strike. When I looked at the primer I knew that I did not fully seat it just by the weird looking dent. Loaded it a second time and sure enough...pow! It only takes one moment of inattention to miss hard seating a primer. These work 100% of the time for me as long as I do my part. My 4.5 # striker spring is getting a little long in the tooth and I still only had one light strike using an OEM striker.

Shot my monthly match today with the s&b primers. Ran about 100 rnds no problems, I am using a 4.5 lb striker spring, also no problems on a Dillon 550. Looks like I'll be using these for a while. Another buddy of mine saw the same deal and he said he bought 15,000.

I loaded a few up to see if they would go bang with a light hammer spring. In my CZ P 09 with an 11.5 lb hammer spring they all went bang, although I only loaded 25. Didn't want to load a bunch up and have no luck at all. Cajun Gun Works, where I got my spring and extended firing pin recommends a 15 lb hammer spring, and a 13lb if only using federal primers, so the fact they went bang with the 11.5 gives me some confidence in them. Now I'll load a bunch up and give them a real test.

One observation I had when loading, it seemed like it takes less force to seat the S&B's verses CCI or Winchesters. They aren't as easy as federals but close.

Anyone know what the actual difference between Wolf small pistol and small pistol magnum primers is? I know the common phrase is that magnum primers are hotter with a thicker cup, but is that the case with Wolf SPM? I know in the rifle line some of their magnum primers are just a harder cup. If that's the case with their SPM they might be worth a try.

I've shot through 9,000-10,000 S&B SPP this year with hardly any issues. Any that I have had were due to them not getting seated deep enough and any one that didn't go bang the first time went the 2nd. This was all with a sw mp9 with stock springs. I'm moving to a CZC AccuShadow with their trigger job and I'm very seriously crossing my fingers that I will still be able to use these with the lighter springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't pass up the price so the 17th I bought 10k $230 shipped to my door, they added sales tax.

I will be loading these soon, since I shoot hammer fired guns with light hammer springs I semi crush my primers that aren't federal since my local target shop hasn't had the feds in a while. Winchester sp has boom every time with a small crush ring evident in every seated primer and can hope S&B work the same.