Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got my Bullet Dudes order in-Ive never seen such

dave33

Have a little update since my last range outing. I spoke to one of the bullet dudes about their bullets and he shared some info with me. They are going to change up a couple things, one being the packaging-no more tubes, and the other is the hardness of their alloy. Seems Im not the only one who had less than stellar results with the current formulation so they have made the decision to up the hardness level. I will be getting new samples to try out in the next few days so we will see how they do. In the meantime I decided to try the .40 cal bullets I already have in a little more detail. Loaded up some to lower power factor loads and must say they shot much better. Best group was with n320 powder loaded to the low 140's PF, under a two inch group at 25 yds with one flyer that was definately me, I knew I pulled it as soon as the shot broke. Shot a load with titegroup loaded to about the same PF that did real well also. Still looking forward to the new harder formula and will post up those results when I load and shoot some of them.

On a side note, shooting my CZ P09 with a Burris FF3 red dot is a blast. That's what I shot the following 10 round group with from a rest at 25yds, one flyer on me.

10E2AD08-0D07-476F-850F-3742E114F37A.jpg

Cool. I heard they were changing the formula a bit.

I'm interested in seeing your czp09! Is that for carry optics? How much did it cost to mill the slide?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Cool. I heard they were changing the formula a bit.

I'm interested in seeing your czp09! Is that for carry optics? How much did it cost to mill the slide?

No slide milling required, springer precision sells a mount specifically for the Burris FF3. Just take the screw out of the factory sight, tap it out, slide the springer precision mount in and locktite the set screws. Took me about 10 min total. Had it zeroed in less than 10 rounds. Did this mainly for fun, but will probably shoot Action Pistol/Bianchi cup matches with it. Next move is to get some cajun gun works goodies and work on the trigger, get it smoother and lighter. Ive been an XDM shooter for a long time but Im starting to consider a complete change to CZ's. They just shoot so nice and accurate.

94E43DB9-ECA5-4E7B-9FDA-130F98D09965.jpg

I tried some of their bullets too and really like them. They seem to size them larger than I'm used to though. Mine were .357 and mad some of my rounds not chamber check correctly but they still shot fine. I was worried about the exposed base on the bullets but found this on their web site:

"Through trial and error, we found we get the best coloring when we leave the base of the bullet uncolored. This also helps us achieve a consistent bullet length across the board. However, the entire bullet receives an initial coating that covers 100% of the bullet eliminating exposure to lead while handling each bullet."

Seems the color is applied at the end and won't cover the whole bullet but the base is sealed in at the beginning of the process.

Next ones I order I'm going to request .356 sizing and .400 sizing for my 40.

Edited by DRichardson

My blue bullets don't seem like they smoke hardly at all. But my precision bullets smoke like a banshee. Those are the only two coated bullets I've tried.

Have you fired any of these bullets yet? I would be very curious to see if they are smokey like uncoated lead bullets?

If you are shooting under the right circumstances, like a really humid still morning, especially with really light loads and certain powders, everything is going to smoke. But typical loads with coated bullets dont smoke much, if any, more than FMJ bullets.

But they are nothing like shooting straight cast lead bullets with traditional wax lube.

Edited by dave33

"Through trial and error, we found we get the best coloring when we leave the base of the bullet uncolored. This also helps us achieve a consistent bullet length across the board. However, the entire bullet receives an initial coating that covers 100% of the bullet eliminating exposure to lead while handling each bullet."

Please....Really? How about this. What they meant to say is... We stand these up and spray them, no color is on the base because they are standing upright instead of being tumbled in a small mixer like everyone else so none of the coating can reach the base. No one on here enjoys a new bullet as much as I do but when you print stuff like this to explain an uncoated base.....I don't know....smells a little to me. On the ones I ordered it is plain as day you can see where the coating stops and leaves a little ring around the bottom and the base is just pure lead with a little non-stick spray attached. I'm just sayin...