Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buffing Magazines to a shine

How do you go about buffing the inside of a mag tube? I use a bench grinder with a polishing wheel and buff my mag tubes to a mirror like finish :D . My question is how do you buff inside the mag tubes? :wacko: I have seen very slick mag tubes buffed inside, how did they do that? :unsure:

maybe with a dremel tool or some other type of ratory tool. Be careful not to over polish where you remove metal and it is shiny but not a flat surface any longer.

Personally I am just wipping my mags clean and then I spray them with a dry silicone which makes them supper slick. Is everyone else polishing their mags?

I shoot a Glock G34, do you polish the plastic mags as well? Thanks

Something that my gunsmith, Larry T up in Missouri did for my new blaster was to drop the mag tubes into a tumbler with polishing media.

Those mags are undoubtably the smoothest feeding mags I've ever used.

My buddy sgtglock did the same thing and he loves it as well.

B)

Brownells sells polishing grit in a rubbery stick form. I used those inside my Para tubes. Lotsa sweat, but man, were they slick.

Then I got smart, and had Beven Grams do them. After polising and chroming, they are nearly mirror finish inside and out.

:D

Don't mess with polishing. Have you mags coated with any one of the various teflon polymer finishes. It makes them very slick inside and out. They also clean up very fast. Just pull a rag through them and your finished. It may cost a little bit, but it's definitely worth it.

Erik

Some mags like the para have some pretty nasty bumps on the seam welds. Take a file smooth them down. Clean up all the sharp edges of the feed lips with dremel tool and cratex and polish them up. Check the width of feed lips front and rear, they had tendency to vary alot. If you have mag that nose dives alot probably front of feed lips are tight.

Then put some sort of non-sticky lube on them inside and out. I like car wax. Sand doesn't stick and can air cleans them out, even after landing in the sand.

• 3 months later...