Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger not resetting

lopezel

I purchased a used CZ 75 (Made in 2007 from the stamp on the slide) and I'm having some difficulties with it. When I got it home I started doing some dry fire practice with it: using snap caps of course. I noticed that the trigger reset was sluggish. Almost like the trigger return spring was weak. After about 20-30 mixed double/single action pulls the trigger failed to reset at all. I can help it reset by pushing the trigger forward and it clicks back in place. It wont do it by itself.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what I need to do in order to fix it? Is it just a weak trigger spring? Does it need lubrication? I took a video of what I'm describing but the forum wont let me post it because I'm a new member. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, the gun was advertised as having been worked on my David at CGW.

So... I thought I'd try some lubrication and doused the trigger spring and bar in ATL gun cleaner/lubricant. It's now functioning and resets normally but still seems a bit sluggish. Doesn't seem like the trigger return spring is broken but probably time to replace it anyway. I'll call CGW tomorrow.

Edited by lopezel

It could be dirt buildup between the trigger bar and frame. This will slow down trigger reset. By lubing it you will get by, but tear down and cleaning would be in order if this is the case. My czechmate did the same thing. Cleaned it and actually polished the trigger bar where it rubbed the frame and cleaned the track in the frame the best I could. Works great now.

• 2 weeks later...

Another suggestion is to ensure the trigger bar spring (part 34) is pressing on the trigger bar. I had one leg get behind the trigger bar once. The problem symtoms are identical to a broken trigger return spring.