Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone tried the Odin works 16.1" 223 Wylde intermediate gas barre

rescue6

Anyone tried the Odin works 16.1" 223 Wylde intermediate gas barrel. Any info is appreciated. Building my 11 y/o a 3 gun rifle

Specs are

• Profile: Medium
  • Length: 16.1"
  • Gas placement: Intermediate
  • Rifling: Button 8 twist
  • Weight: 1.95 lbs
  • Made from 416R Stainless Steel
  • Hand-Lapped
  • M4 Feed ramps
  • 1/2-28 Threading
  • 1" MOA guaranteed

Odin makes a great barrel. They were the original manufacturer for the Strongside Tactical Stretch 16. Unfortunately they started marketing and selling the barrel themselves and it wasn't their idea. As a sponsored shooter for Strongside I own the first Odin manufactured Stretch 16 barrel and it's been great. I also own a new Stretch 16 barrel manufactured by McGowan. Based on the results of mine and the rest of the Strongside shooting team we all prefer the new barrel for accuracy and longivity. A melonited Stretch 16 barrel recently had 9000+ rounds put through it uncleaned by Mark Passamaneck and when examined by a boroscope looked new.

And yes I am biased, I am biased that handshake agreements mean something and would bet most on this forum are like minded.

If a man opens a hamburger stand across the street from another man's hamburger stand, but does not put a grill in his stand, instead choosing to buy his hamburgers from the stand across the street and resell them adding only his own marketing to the product. None of the burgers are made with any ingredients not commonly used by others that make burgers, no condiments are applied that are not found at any place regularly selling hamburgers, and even the shape and apearence of the burgers are just like burgers commonly sold elsewhere. As far as a consumer is concerned, the difference between the two stands is purely one of marketing.

I have a 10.5" Odin barrel and it has been great. Very accurate, and no problems with functionality. I don't have many rounds through it at this time, maybe 400, but hope to increase that number in the near future!

Andy

I love these posts from people who think they have proprietary ideas when they really don't. Some guy is copying my magwell, or basepad, or gas port location on a barrel. To be honest, I don't know what's different about this barrel. If it's just the gas port location, big deal. Lots of people have tried different gas port locations for years.

Look, you guys are all correct however it doesn't make it suck any less.

I want to say the guys at McGowen are exemplary in the personal integrity category. That's important to some and viewed as a character flaw by others.

I want to end by repeating that Odin makes a great barrel.

Sorry for the poor business practices some have mentioned. But thank you guys for the review info. If I could get the Stretch 16 at the cost I can get the odin I would jump on it as that is the one I was originally after but I can get a deal through a friend and almost get two Odins for what I can get one of the Strong side tactical

If a man opens a hamburger stand across the street from another man's hamburger stand, but does not put a grill in his stand, instead choosing to buy his hamburgers from the stand across the street and resell them adding only his own marketing to the product. None of the burgers are made with any ingredients not commonly used by others that make burgers, no condiments are applied that are not found at any place regularly selling hamburgers, and even the shape and apearence of the burgers are just like burgers commonly sold elsewhere. As far as a consumer is concerned, the difference between the two stands is purely one of marketing.

Mm-hmm! This is a tasty burger! Vincent! You ever had a Big Kahuna burger?