Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para 16-40 sear spring replacement. Its a little longer than the rest

dogtired

My Para 16-40 sear spring is longer than the average bear. I just received my Ed Brown sear spring replacement as it was touted on this board as one that is slightly longer then the average. Well the sear leg is not long enough and visibly shorter than what is in the gun.

What other sear spring replacements have worked in your 16-40 without resorting to the Dremel?

Thanks.

Did you click on the alternative part? It says the Infinity Tri-Glide sear spring might work. Wouldn't hurt to give the support group a call and see if it will fit. It's kinda pricey though :goof:

I was lucky enough to catch them on Brownells. I ordered several just in case I need them later. My hope is that Brownells or someone else will reproduce these for Para owners. Give it some time, if they don't come back up on the site, PM me and I will send you one of mine.

I've used the infinity sear spring for 4years now in my Para with 0 issues. The trick to get other sears springs to work is the rebend the tab that sits in the frame slot. The infinity sear tab was extra long and went all the way through the frame and stuck out. I actually pushed the tab flush with the inside of the frame and held it there while tapping the steel mainspring housing into place, doing that rebent the tab to make the sear spring legs long enough.

I tried several sear springs on my PARA p14-45 pro-custom, none worked, had to get a replacement from PARA at the time. Others were too short. Para cut the slot too low in the frame on my first frame and even there's would not work properly. They replaced the frame and the new slot was cut higher but still the most common springs were too short. They made up for it with a longer spring. My OLD para had a standard length so almost anyone's would fit. SOO, sold the new para ( too many MIM parts) and kept the old.

I ordered a couple as well. I will post results.

Any word on your order? Mine has been "in warehouse" for a week.

Opps, never mind, their shipping policy is 7 to 10 business days.

Edited by kmca

I found out this weekend the Disconnector in the Pro Custom 40 is also different. Tried putting in a Cylinder and Slide one, and it would not work. The OAL of the C&S was 1.302, the Disconnector in the Para measures 1.310 OAL.

I bought several of Brownells 199-000-022 a couple years ago and they work great. It seems that they have added a 'WB' as a suffix so I don't know what that means or might have changed to the spring. Might be worth a call into them though.

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/sear-parts/sear-springs/sear-spring-prod5244.aspx