Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to buy Mr Bullet Feeder

I was reading on here in my searches and someone mentioned buying direct from Rick va ordering at CED. Anyone have any input on this? I sent Rick an email and I agree buying from the inventor seems like the right move. Is there any advantage either way based on where I buy from?

Rick will bust his butt to help you should you have any problem. CED and Double Alpha are ok, but Rick invented it, know it inside and out has all parts, and could tell you what part you need. He will be about the same price as anyone else. Best thing, it what comes after the sale.

Go For It !

:cheers:

But he will back it up even if I buy it at midway? Hard to beat $15 off or free shipping. $15 comes out to more savings shipping is $11

I heard motors were bad for a while I just want to be sure I get an up to date one.

Edited by brian45acp

I am telling you from first hand experience, buy straight from Rick. I recently bought one and have had a lot of issues and when I emailed DAA the response was simply "it must be your press, good luck". What a freaking joke. I couldn't believe it. I contacted Rick and he has made it a priority to figure out the problem. Called me and emailed me several times with ?'s and things he wanted me to try. Sent out a new dropper assembly and powder die. The guy is freaking awesome and I didn't even buy it from him, but I wish I did. Rick came to the conclusion that the problem was probably from my 135gr bullets which are a little long. He modified a dropper and it has been working good. Get it from him, you won't regret it but you might if you get a response like I did from DAA.

Edited by Superpipe9

Good to know. I did email Rick and will wait for his reply then. Perhaps it's not worth the $15 savings but instead best to buy from him. I have the gsi and don't love it. I have it running fine but would like to try the MBF instead and I am selling my gsi. It's important to me to get after support.

I really hope the MBF is 100% otherwise I will just place bullets by hand and stay all Dillon. All the guys at the match love the MBF and I don't read much of anything bad about it. My only concern is Dillon hasn't adopted either design and doesn't plan to since they say none work well enough for all bullet types.

Rick helped me out when I had some trouble. Figured out what my problem was, sold me a new motor, and threw in a bunch of upgraded parts. His service was the very best.

Right but is this thing hit or miss out of the box? I appreciate awesome customer service but not if its a must. Dillion's customer service is awesome also but almost never it's not needed. Having said that guess where my 1050 is right now? Back to Dillon, lol.

It just seems these bullet feeders seem to be finicky. The gsi runs but I don't want to trade it for something else that has its own quirks. I would assume keep it if that's the case

The MBF is excellent, and works well. Depending on which bullet profile you use, it can be easier or harder to set up and make work. A little experience, trial and error, and watching the videos on the MBF website (might be DAA now, I forget) will get you through all the problems about getting things set up right.

The reason we mention customer service is that the bullet feeder is a complicated machine but Rick can help solve any problems that come up. Much like a Dillon press, a lot of stuff is going on and a lot can go wrong. It usually doesn't, but it's good to have an expert available when it does.

I think I'm going to keep my gsi for now. It also was a science project and I have it down perfect. I really don't want to do that over again. The motor is strong and my collator works great. Every now and then it need to be reversed but not often. The annoying part is the tool head which seems to be what everyone wants. It has to be in a good rhythm and if handle is pulled abruptly it messes with the bullet index and skips 1.5 stations and won't align with the brass. I spent months figuring it out but in the end it's quite nice and well made.

I'm honestly scared to go down this road again and spend more money. If I ever do switch it's going to be the MBF for sure.

The MBF is awesome and is a great upgrade. All my problems were caused by the bullets that I use, ( 135gr round nose ). Rick fixed the issue by modifying the dropper and sent it out. The original works great with everything else, 147,124,115.etc... I know at least 6 other people who have the MBF and say they have never had a problem. I wouldn't hesitate at all to get it again.

The one thing I can't do is crank the handle like mad man. Other then that the gsi works. Basically if u watch the auto 1050s if I mimic that speed it runs fine.

I will wait to get my 1050 back from Dillon and decide. It's easier at this point to stay with the gsi but I wish I had started with the MBF. I think both have a learning curve but the gsi was exhausting

I got mine directly from Rick. Dude is awesome. I had some issues with bullets flipping and contacted him. He offered some advice over the phone and through email, and since I am local even offered to come to the house and set it up. I was amazed.

I ended up sending him a video of what was going on and he diagnosed it immediately. (Turned out to be the usual culprit - user error)

I am going for it. I like my GSI, sort of, but want to keep as much to staying Dillon as possible. Rick made me an offer that cant be beat in terms of promising his product will have me satisfied. Buying direct from him is the best choice. Thanks guys for pushing me through on this decision.

I listed my GSI for sale and hope I made the right choice. I like it but really want to try the MBF and keep my 1050 Dillon tool head stock.

Edited by brian45acp

You won't be disappointed...like others have pointed out, it IS a complicated machine, and like anything else, most problems are actually caused by user error. Simply reading the directions, or watching the setup videos and actually getting it setup properly will resolve most of the issues. Take your time when you get it and set it up correctly, you won't have an issue.

Even with 300blk, I got it to work 99%, which is a PITA with the long rifle bullets. Pistol is a breeze and loading 5k+ 9mm now on it, I've NEVER had an issue. I keep mine set at the "6V" level and it's plenty fast. A lot of the issues people have is simply lack of understanding and patience to figure things out (IMO). I suspect most people don't bother to try and understand it and go to town putting it all together and then when there's a feeding issue, they blame the machine. Example: for 9mm, you'll probably have to add two of the small spacer units for it to function properly. Super easy fix and it comes with the supplied parts, BUT, if you aren't willing to actually READ about the machine, of course you're going to have issues! It's like getting a press and just bolting it to your bench and screwing down the dies and then blaming the press when you can't get properly loaded ammo.

Disclaimer* I'm not talking about actual mechanical problems, the early design allegedly had it's flaws. The new designed MBF is far superior.

Edited by polizei1

• 1 month later...

The tube is ok but for me that just moved the billet loading time from at the bench to somewhere else. You stil have to manually pick up each bullet and place it in the tube. Possibly a small net time saving but for me the benefit is in the collator. Just chuck a few hundred bullets in and start pulling the handle. :)