Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Side-charging uppers

rugerdawg

We do Right -Side only Currently. I'd call Crosshill with any issues. Once a Bolt Carrier is Heat Treated, it's a Bear to machine etc. unless you have proper equipment. Crosshill could put it back on the lathe either way

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked them about it when I go it and they advised against lightening it which I think is just them being cautious. I feel fairly certain that it could be done safely by someone with the right tools and knowledge.

True, I'll take my handle down to the hardware store and check the thread pitch and I'll also check the dia of the shank portion to see if that matches. I like the way the holes are thru the handle on the Eisenach Arms handle, if it'll fit.

We have had Zero issues with our handles since having a larger diameter. If a customer ever has an issue with our handles, we will replace it, at no charge every time! Hope to make a video next week showing the strength of our handles vs. other mfg. Stay tuned...

Just for future reference, the original knurled LAR charging handles have the 10-32 thread, ~.25" width at the shank, and weigh .15oz.

The Eisenach does look like a nice piece though.

Edited by BitchinCamaro

Ok, the unthreaded shank on mine measures right at .250 although it doesn't seem to be perfectly round. Length of the unthreaded shank is .277 and the diameter of the threaded portion is .186 and I don't know the thread pitch. The length of the threaded part is .202

BC, is it 10-32 or 3-32 ???

• 1 month later...

I just completed a build with a joe bobs Spartan non reciprocating side charger (I think same as gibbz) rhino low mass bcg taccom lw buffer and has been working great! way better then a standard upper charging handle in my opinion, and it's nice not having the charging handle coming at your face??