Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys. My travel partner had to bail on this match so I'm solo. Is anyone looking to buddy up and share a hotel room and rental car during this match? I arrive in Nashville airport Wednesday at 5:30pm. I don't have car or hotel booked yet.

Hey guys. My travel partner had to bail on this match so I'm solo. Is anyone looking to buddy up and share a hotel room and rental car during this match? I arrive in Nashville airport Wednesday at 5:30pm. I don't have car or hotel booked yet.

Bump for October, match is getting closer.

Armalite have kindly provide me both the 18" & 13.5" models of the new M-15 3GN rifles.

This will enable the European competitors to get some range time on the Tuesday & Wednesday before the match.

Any American local shooters please feel free to drop in on the practice & give some tips & advice !

See you at the Rock.

post-13847-0-66139700-1444329610_thumb.j

Edited by gunfighteruk

Armalite have kindly provide me both the 18" & 13.5" models of the new M-15 3GN rifles. I will keep them when your done with them David! !!

This will enable the European competitors to get some range time on the Tuesday & Wednesday before the match.

Any American local shooters please feel free to drop in on the practice & give some tips & advice !

See you at the Rock.

• 2 weeks later...

Great match.

My suggestions for next year:

- 3-gun style stage would benefit from having to move to see all of the targets for each gun. This year, both the 2gun and 3gun stages involved grabbing the gun, posting up and shooting an easy array, and then booking it to the next position. Testing the competitors on their ability to move through an area while engaging targets is I think a better stage.

- CQB stage was very fun, but would have been taken to the next level with suppressors.

For the competitors, can I get some advice on the S&W M&P CORE stage gun? I could swear I had a good sight picture and called good shots, but my shots were almost all way low (and one even miked the cardboard!). I must not be good at that trigger. Any tips on a special technique there? I'm used to DA/SA revolvers, DA/SA CZ 75, SA race handguns, single stage aftermarket AR triggers. Not used to striker triggers, but I did fine with the ZEV Glock.

Don't know what to tell you on the Smith. Several people managed really good scores with it. Seemed to be sighted in OK. My guess is trigger control. We had one guy get debris on the lens that caused a split dot. He had two different dots that shot to different spots.

Outstanding match, and a truly awesome video. To put together a video that good in 2-3 days... impressive stuff, to say the least. If that was done by an outside contractor, hire them again. If it was done by Trijicon people, pay them more. :bow:

Can't say enough good things about the match... Larry and AJ, the Trijicon folks, the Rockcastle folks... everyone did a heck of a job. I'd be happy to RO this one again next year.