Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Installing the latest version of Practiscore

Nimitz

If you rooted them with JC's program do yourself a HUGE favor and (1) put an SD card in each one and (2) setup dropbox on each one. That way when you need to update you download the APK from practiscore.com and then upload it to drop box. On each NST you open drop box, tap new new .APK file and a few seconds later you're upgraded. That's how I maintain my fleet of match and beta tablets.

ok thx. I think they all came with cards in them .... I also need to figure out how to wipe out all the old match data on them. I guess I could just do a factory restore then update the Nook s/w to the latest version & then install Practicscore from there

BTW at the bottom of the sync screen there is an option to download latest version. Not sure how long it has been there but I used it today for the first time. To remove a match tap the Three "blocks" on the match list and select delete from the pop up window.

• 2 months later...

BTW at the bottom of the sync screen there is an option to download latest version. Not sure how long it has been there but I used it today for the first time. To remove a match tap the Three "blocks" on the match list and select delete from the pop up window.

Does that work in the Android version?

I am up to date, so when I tap the update app, nothing happens, which might be the correct behavior.

But, it would be great if that works, as I can't find the APK on Practiscore.com anymore.

Bud

I am up to date, so when I tap the update app, nothing happens, which might be the correct behavior.

But, it would be great if that works, as I can't find the APK on Practiscore.com anymore.

Bud

Tap on the BLOG tab near the top of the page to get previous home screen.

The UPDATE APP worked on my Nook Simple Touch, but this time it was a reinstall of 1.2.30 that was already there. Much handier than method used on Android previously. Just need to be on a network with internet access.

Edited by NMBOpen

Bud

https://practiscore.com/blog/

??? Not that I see on 1.2.30. Last thing there is "Practiscore Support" which goes to a http://practiscore.com/support, and that no longer exists (now called practiscore.com/blog/support).

ok thx. I think they all came with cards in them .... I also need to figure out how to wipe out all the old match data on them. I guess I could just do a factory restore then update the Nook s/w to the latest version & then install Practicscore from there

Just curious, did you buy them from JC Wren? If so, then you have part of the SRGC IPSC GA-09 fleet, and I sold them with cards in place for the specific purpose of using dropbox to get the latest .apk file.

??? Not that I see on 1.2.30. Last thing there is "Practiscore Support" which goes to a http://practiscore.com/support, and that no longer exists (now called practiscore.com/blog/support).

Which 1.2.30 build? I have 201506071828 build and it shows it. See attached.

post-50397-0-72194400-1441658922_thumb.j

Edited by ZackJones

• 2 weeks later...

I've been grabbing the latest .apk from practiscore.com, putting it in dropbox, then using the dropbox app root'n'scoreit installed to pull down onto the NST's. If there's a data microsd card in the nook slot, it prompts me to install the new .apk as soon as dropbox finishes delivering it.

Edited by jdonohue

Which 1.2.30 build? I have 201506071828 build and it shows it. See attached.

I have 1.2.30 on my phone; it DOES NOT show "UPDATE APP", but the postscript number on mine is 201506071728, which is LESS than yours. I'll have to check the NST's tonite; I'm at work and the nooks are sitting in a closet 20 miles away......

I have 1.2.30 on my phone; it DOES NOT show "UPDATE APP", but the postscript number on mine is 201506071728, which is LESS than yours. I'll have to check the NST's tonite; I'm at work and the nooks are sitting in a closet 20 miles away......

Doesn't your phone has Google Play Store or Amazon Appstore? Update app from there.

Doesn't your phone has Google Play Store or Amazon Appstore? Update app from there.

Phone pulls from google play. Interesting thing is, I'm home now and looking at one of my nooks running ps 1.2.30 (201506071728) and it DOES have an 'Update App' bar at bottom of Sync screen. So this is a 1.2.30 nook-only feature?

Phone pulls from google play. Interesting thing is, I'm home now and looking at one of my nooks running ps 1.2.30 (201506071728) and it DOES have an 'Update App' bar at bottom of Sync screen. So this is a 1.2.30 nook-only feature?

See #17 above.

Yes, it's a (for all intent and purposes) a nook-only feature. If you have access to google play or the amazon app store, you don't really need it. (You COULD still download the .apk yourself, however, if you wished, for archival or recovery purposes.)