Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2 3-Gun Model

RWatts

So I was wondering if anyone has actually had a chance to get this gun in their hands? Is it really 3 Gun ready or is it like the versa max comp and a nice step closer but still not 100% ready to go. The MSRP is 2000 im sure they will go for less than that but its still a pretty good chunk. Would it still be better to buy a stock M2 and send it to Benny or Mark?

Im guessing TSS is triangle shooting sports, but what is TTI? Im guessing that even if Benny did the work, the reason most people would need more done is because Benelli limited what he could do to them? So is it better to just get a stock m2 and send it out for upgrades or id it better to buy the 3 gun model and work it a little?

Benny at Triangle is doing the 3 gun model, and you are correct that Benelli does not get his whole tactical package. Buy a m2 field 22 o4 24in and send it in. Call first, he may have a gun in stock ready to go. Triangle Shooting Sports, 361 241 1091

• 2 months later...

I ordered a Benelli M2 Field 21" off of Bud's Gun Shop and had it shipped to TSS. I had it in my hands in a week!! Total cost was $1675 (gun and work performed) but I included the Nordic tube, TTI lifter and extended bolt knob. It was well worth it!!!

Way to go! This is what I should have done. I went the other way, I bought a "new old stock" benelli 3 gun model, which was their discontinued version that came with the nordic 5 rd extension. 11024 Model. I thought it would get me closer to where I needed to be with minimal work but, it really wasn't... I opened the load port a LOT, changed all of the springs to TTI springs, TTI safety, trimmed the mag spring, added a rear stock QD, extended LM choke, and tuned my carrier latch. It did have the release tapped and an "oversized" button on it, but I think I'll change that out too. I couldnt do it myself it it wasn't tapped I guess. All said and done, I'm in just over 2g, which could be worse, but I feel like I would have come out a lot better with your route and my shotgun wouldnt have the dumb looking logo on it. I suppose that's how you learn.