Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NRA World Shooting Championship, Presented By Magpul Sept 24 - 26 2015

Registration is open for the NRA World Shooting Championship, Presented By Magpul Sept 24 - 26 !!!!!

Read more about it here - http://peacemakernational.com/wscand signup here - http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07eahy4gtbb7855f22&llr=chaiuhjab

Match Overview:
The NRA World Shooting Championship, presented by Magpul, will be held at the Peacemaker National Training Center in Glengary, WV and will crown "The World Shooting Champion." The NRA World Shooting Championship will gather the top shooters in the world and determine each shooters ability to compete in virtually every type of major firearms shooting sport including Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Combined Firearms sports, crowning one competitor The World Shooting Champion. The inaugural winner in 2014 was Daniel Horner. All shooters will compete over the course of three days in twelve equally weighted disciplines from various shooting sports. All firearms and ammunition will be provided for each event, thus shooters will compete with equal firearms and ammunition. This will also alleviate the need for new equipment to be purchased for unfamiliar events, and assist with international and domestic travel for all competitors.
Official Match Stages Of Fire:
Stage 1) Cowboy Action
Stage 2) NRA Conventional Bullseye
Stage 3) NRA Bianchi Mover
Stage 4) NRA F-Class
Stage 5) 5-Stand
Stage 6) Double Wobble Trap
Stage 7) .22 Smallbore Standing
Stage 8) 3Gun
Stage 9) USPSA
Stage 10) USCA 2Gun
Stage 11) PRS Long Range Challenge
Stage 12) NRA America's Rifle Match
***Additionally there will be six side matches put on by Silencerco!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What kind of stage rules are you looking for? I'm not involved but it looked like they are using the rules from what ever the host discipline was, i.e. Action Pistol Rules for those stages, USPSA rules for that stage, F-Class for that stage. It's all stage equipment being used so the equipment rules aren't really relevant, you use what they give you. (But it sounds like they picked some pretty dang good weapons for the stage guns. I heard a Surgeon rifle for the PRS stage. Always wanted to shoot one of those.)

I know most of them are obvious, but some aren't. For instance is says:

-Bianchi Mover, but last year they shot Texas mover.

-F class, but I heard it's 600 yds this year, not 1000

-and many of the events would require holsters if done by rules. Will we start low ready? or will we draw? how do they get holsters for fit everyone?

-Cowboy, 2 pistols or 1? doesn't mention 2 which is standard cowboy.

-Just a curious kinda guy I guess. We'll find out in a few weeks either way.

I saw the rules sheets put out by Trijicon last year for the match. It was very detailed as to exactly what how each event would be run. Haven't seen anything like that.

I agree, going to get to shoot some cool guns at the very least. Also agree I hope I don't like any of them TOO much :goof:

thanks

Last year there was no timed reload on the mover as far as I remember and the F Class stage wasn't 1000 (it was 600, I think).

No holsters etc. were used. Guns were on a table or you started with them in your hand. I suspect it will be similar this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Not long to go now....

Does anyone know if registration on Wednesday 5pm-7pm at the 'Match Hotel' is going to be at the Hampton Inn where the shooter's briefing is? It would make sense but there hasn't been a confirmation.

Should we be seeing any squadding information via email before we get to the briefing?

Not long to go now....

Does anyone know if registration on Wednesday 5pm-7pm at the 'Match Hotel' is going to be at the Hampton Inn where the shooter's briefing is? It would make sense but there hasn't been a confirmation.

Should we be seeing any squadding information via email before we get to the briefing?

Yes the Hampton Inn is where the shooter's meeting is. Most likely on the lower level in the Winchester room

Website is just saying that squadding info will be given out at registration.

https://wsc.nra.org/faqs/

Having never done this competition or anything like it before, this was a steep learning curve for me. I thought the cowboy action course of fire was actually the most fun stage of the match and if I didn't have to play dress up to participate then I would seek out some cowboy action stuff around here. I hope that everyone had a nice time and it was really cool to meet some of you in person.