Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extreme Shooters grip

FinishGuy

I recently purchased a Extreme Shooters grip for my STI Eagle. After installing the grip my 140mm mags began to hang up when releasing them. They do not consistently hang up and one seems to more than the other two. I have a 126mm that drops every time. When comparing the 140's and the 126 by eye the are very similar. The only big difference I can see it the notch where the mag catch engages. it is a little bit taller and quite a bit wider than the 140's. When I compared my magazines with another shooters they had the identical size notches. The 140's being shorter and narrower than the 126.

When I took off the slide I could see where the mag was bumping the side of the slide and possibly causing the mag to hang up. Could it be possible that the mag release is in a slightly different location than my original grip causing the magazine to be a bit higher?

Anyone with any insight would be much appreciated.

By the way, the grip is AWESOME!

I just got a DVC, and the mags would not drop consistently. Just turns out the mag release was catching the magazine body from the button side. A little grinding did the trick.