Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Production

j2fast

This is my first year of giving competive shooting a try. I am going to shoot in Production and was wondering if slam/base pads are legal? I did some searches and checked the FAQ's and could find anything specific.

I also read the rule book and it says no max mag length but also no weighted attachments on mags.

Thanks is advance for any info.

Jw

Here is one thread...if you feel like wading thru the thing:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...se%20pads&st=20

It has been my understanding that you could only use "standard" magazines...that come with your gun.

I am not against using the +2's for the Glock, or bumper pads for the CZ, I just don't think they have been allowed in the past.

Who knows though...our (USPSA) Production rules are pretty shakey, if you ask me.

Your +2's wouldn't be allowed in US or IPSC production. The CZ's are now being offered as a "factory" mag, so there's no problem with that, just like the bigger base pads on the Beretta mags that come with the Elite models are legal as well.

Todd I don't think capacity has anything to do with it...not in USPSA, anyway.

Matt, Phil and Todd...

I think you guys might be confusing/factoring in the IPSC Production rules (19 & 19.2 specifically).

IPSC 19. Original parts and components offered by the OFM as standard equipment, or as an option, for a specific handgun on the IPSC approved handgun list are permitted, subject to the following:

IPSC 19.2 Base plates and/or any other devices which provide additional ammunition capacity (e.g. "+2" magazine extensions), are prohidited.

I believe that j2fast was asking about USPSA Production rules.

Looking at the USPSA rules, all I can see that apply are...

8. Magazine length restrictions No

9. Magazine capacity restrictions Yes 10 rounds maximum in magazine after the start signal

21.1 No weighted attachments allowed to magazines.

At one time, Glock mags were available in factory packaging with +2 bases on them. I don't think they were shipped with guns, but you could buy them pre-assembled as 19 rounders.

Which I did...before I went to play in the sand in the Gulf War.

Clear as mud.

It seems to me that the prevailing consensus in USPSA is that extended or weighted base pads are out, but shorter, lighter, and equal-weight base pads are O.K. For instance, it should be O.K. to take a Para .45 16 round magazine, substitute a flat plastic base pad for the factory +2, and shoot it in a Para LDA. We probably need some input from overseas range officers on how IPSC rules on base pads for their Production Division.

Richard

Schennberg.com

Todd I don't think capacity has anything to do with it...not in USPSA, anyway.

Matt, Phil and Todd...

I think you guys might be confusing/factoring in the IPSC Production rules (19 & 19.2 specifically). 

IPSC 19. Original parts and components offered by the OFM as standard equipment, or as an option, for a specific handgun on the IPSC approved handgun list are permitted, subject to the following:

IPSC 19.2  Base plates and/or any other devices which provide additional ammunition capacity (e.g. "+2" magazine extensions), are prohidited. 

I believe that j2fast was asking about USPSA Production rules. 

Looking at the USPSA rules, all I can see that apply are...

8.  Magazine length restrictions  No

9.  Magazine capacity restrictions Yes 10 rounds maximum in magazine after the start signal

21.1  No weighted attachments allowed to magazines.

8. Magazine length restrictions No

9. Magazine capacity restrictions Yes 10 rounds maximum in magazine after the start signal

21.1 No weighted attachments allowed to magazines.

Question.

I have a Para SS LDA - Can I run a 10 round mag in it for Production?

CAn I run a Wilson Mag with the standard Wilson rubber base bumper?