Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ultimate Wet Tumbler Recipe

louu

Beastley,

Are you talking about the Blue one? I tried that stuff too. I didn't have quite the same end result as you but it wasn't the greatest.

The stuff in the first post is the hot ticket.

Edited by louu

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Works fine with a proper dryer.

My rather old (I think) 400 watt Nesco dehydrator with 8 trays will dry 24+ lbs let 9mm bras with spent primers in about 2 hours. They an be had relatively cheap on Amazon.

Heard some people putting the cases in their oven at 200 degrees for about an hour. Seems like it works. I know Jerry miculak and he has an old gas stove out in his shop that he uses and does that. I don't think I'd put them in my house oven.

If you deprime first there is no need to dry the cases in any way. Just let them sit on a dry towel overnight in the house and you can load them the next day no problem.

If you do not deprime them then just wait 48 hours.

What's the rush, go load some other calibers..

For those of you that say you put brass in a plastic bag in the sun and there was moisture in there, we'll, you need to learn more about metal. Metal always has moisture in it if allowed to sit in the open.

Not trying to sound like an ass just telling it like it is.

Edited by louu

Been using the wash and dry and just a bit of Lemi-shine for a year or so and definitely prefer it over Dawn.

I use my house oven to dry, 225 for a couple of hours. I just load up a couple of lasagna pans I bought for drying brass. I don't decap before wet tumbling and this ensures the primer pockets get dried out. Works great.