Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Wyoming State Championship

It's been a long time since Wyoming held a state match. The wait is over. The Wind River Practical Shooters will host the 2005 Wyoming State Championship Match in Shoshoni, WY on May 22, 2005. We are starting small with a one day format, but the quality will be high and the fun factor enormous.

I just got the club website updated. The application, match information, and stage digrams are available here.

I kind of have the cart before the horse by posting stage diagrams before Bruce has a chance to approve them, so check back for any changes we might need to make.

When is it ????? (Dumb A$$ look at the first Post) :lol:

Is Antelpope season open then ????? (Most likely NOT) :angry:

IF so Maybe shoot USPSA and Antelope in 1 weekend ?????? WAY TO GOOD to be TRUE !!!!!! (figured) <_<

Have gun will travel.....esp for a good Antelope hunt (and USPSA) OR maybe just a good USPSA hunt :)

Hopalong

Edited by hopalong

Well.....360 map miles from Boulder.

Philosophically, it's on a totally different planet. :lol:

I've got it on pretty good authority, that it's just going to be a bunch of us old geezers shooting singlestacks out of antique holsters. Easy pickens.

C'mon up and join us!

Anyone who is fairly close by, Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, should give this match some real consideration. I cannot begin to tell you how much fun it is to shoot with Ron and John! We all shoot great....... right up until we crash. Then we all laugh our butts off. :P

Hoppy, Antelope season is October 1-15 around here. Usually we go out and drive about 300 miles glassing for some good bucks. Then we get distracted and shoot half our hunting ammo at prairie dogs. Then we stalk at least 5 miles, mostly belly crawlin, then we come back here to the house and shoot a nice 14 incher in the back yard just before dark. No kidding!

My antelope hunt this year:

Look out the window and see about a dozen gathered by the range. Eat breakfast, look out the window, still there, only closer. Grab my rifle, dial for 100 yds, walk out the front door, rest the rifle on the hood of the pickup, shoot the biggest doe in the head. Drive down to the carcass in the tractor, gut it, tag it, throw it in the front loader, drive up to the pickup and deposit the goat in the bed for the trip to the processor. Whole process, excluding breakfast, was about 20 minutes. :)

Last time I was in that neck of the woods I passed the Tumble Inn while passing through Powder River (pop. 50). The marqee sign out front was advertising "Exotic Dancers". I couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry, but I am glad I didn't have time to check it out..... :lol::lol:

T-man, lie #4. Powder River: Population 50. :lol:

I have buddy that always makes it a point to stop and buy some of the over priced gasoline at Powder River when he's working in that area. His reasoning is pretty sound, " If my truck ever breaks down way out there, or I get caught in a blizzard, I don't want to be no stranger". Sound logic.....

There's another attraction besides the exotic dancers at Powder River: Shoshoni ain't that far from the hot springs at Thermopolis where us creaky old shooters can soak out the knots we get from attempting to move too fast. I'm trying to convince my wife who is also the Director of the Social Calendar to let me go.

• 3 weeks later...