Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W Match?

2cats

I shot it on Thursday. As usual they put on a realy good match. The folks at the Nationals could learn a lot from the folks up there. There were 10 stages, one of which got thrown out of the final score. It was a surprise stage and apparently by the second day of the match there were cheaters walking around with maps of the target lay out. It's a shame because it was a really good stage. That crew deserves a pat on the back. They used lack of light to mess with us on a lot of stages. It was very easy to lose the sights on a lot of the target arrays, and unfortunatly some of my scores suffered for it.

As far a results go I'm dying to know myself. I left on Thursday night and I can't find the results posted anywhere as of yet. I'm going to call Peggy tomorrow.

I spoke with Peggy today and asked about the results. She said she would be mailing the results to competitors by tomorrow and IDPA headquaters would be receiving them shortly for posting on their web site (when they get posted there - nobody knows) She did not have a current sight for us to look at now.

The finalized results have been sent to IDPA for posting on their web page. I would hope that they would be up soon. We have a new stats guy this year and he had everything ready to go on monday afternoon. He spent most of sunday on the road driving home. I hope everyone who shot the match had a good time.

The S&W Winter Championships were well done. They had several stages you could just go flat out (still using cover of course;-). Enjoyed the match very much overall. It is a shame the "secret stage" did not work out. In hind sight it would have been a great flash light stage if shot in a traditional manner.

Watched the super squad shoot on Sat. Free lessons.....LOL. I shot on Thursday, so I got to watch and see how it should be done. Their skill is inspiring.

Best,

Nick-

I would like to thank Pete Goloski, Peggy, and everyone involved with the Winter Championships. It was one of the best run matches that I have shot. The stages were well designed and fun for all. I think Mr. Wilson could learn a lot from Pete. The banquet and prize table were exceptional. I can’t wait for a chance to shoot it next year. :)

Huck

It was a great Match.

Nick - you're right about the surprise stage. Pete tried to guide us in that direction - next year we'll defer to his wisdom. Were everyone the gentleman and honorable competitor you showed yourself to be, it would not have been an issue and we'd all live in a better world. Once again, my hat's off to you Sir.

Only (1) member of the Super Squad (Ernie Langdon) shot the surprise stage clean (no non-threats, no penalties). Thier times ran from mid-30's to ~150 seconds on it.

Craig

Pete,

Thanks for a fantastic match. it was my first major competition, and probably spoiled me for any others. Top notch all the way.

Craig,

Great job on the hidden stage. You are a devious Son of a Gun. Hope to see you in Bridgeport or Wallingford soon.

Neil

Dave Sevigny - SSP

Todd Jarret - ESP

Ernie Langdon - CDP

Jerry M. - SSR

It was a really fun time. I'm definitely going to have some more eye work done before I shoot there again! :ph34r: I couldn't see a thing!

Congrats to everyone involved in that match. It's truly a first class event!

Dave Sevigny - SSP

Todd Jarret - ESP

Ernie Langdon - CDP

Jerry M. - SSR

It was a really fun time. I'm definitely going to have some more eye work done before I shoot there again! :ph34r: I couldn't see a thing!

Congrats to everyone involved in that match. It's truly a first class event!

You need to get a miner's hat ;) They were cutting overhead with the low light.

I had a great time. Shot like crap, but had a great time.

Regards,

I am willing to bet the participants will get a paper copy in the mail before it hits the IDPA webpage

2nd largest annual IDPA match in the country and HQ had the match results 2 days ago.

Kind of sad that HQ does not support it's members and all the work they do to for HQ.

Dennis,

If it's any consolation - I think my wife beat you - you too Gary.

I'll bring results with me Tuesday if I have them by then.

Craig

LMAO,

I know she beat me! Your wife is a great shot Craig.

I am needing to know how badly I sucked though!!

Neil