Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What does reloadable mean in mags?

balmo

Sorry for an elementary question but I really don't know its definition.

I'm getting ready to try Limited division soon. I am looking around basepads, mag capacity, springs, and other Limited division topics and I always see the term reloadable.

"Oh, my S_I mags can fit 20 reloadable."

What does reloadable mean? I think I have an idea but not too sure if it is correct. "I can stuff 20 rounds in my mag and all of those will cycle the gun reliably." Is that a correct definition of reloadable?

Can you stuff 20 rounds in your mags, and during a course of fire, reload them and have them reliably 'stay' in the gun so you can continue?

I have 1 mag I can load to 21 and still 'barney', but i'm not comfortable trying to use that 21 round mag during a stage so to me, its not reloadable.

Means you can shove it in the gun at full speed without extra pressure needed. Most of my STI mags will hold 20 rounds but doing a speed reload with all 20 is tough because there is barely any spring room left. I will start with 20 in the mag because I have the time during Make Ready to seat them hard and ensure its locked in place. So mine hold 20, but are 19 reloadable.

Means you can shove it in the gun at full speed without extra pressure needed. Most of my STI mags will hold 20 rounds but doing a speed reload with all 20 is tough because there is barely any spring room left. I will start with 20 in the mag because I have the time during Make Ready to seat them hard and ensure its locked in place. So mine hold 20, but are 19 reloadable.

This^^^^

I used S_I mags as an example since most Limited shooters shoot 2011.

I actually have a CZ75 TS w/ CZC pads, springs and followers.

Seems like the mags fit 21 rounds, 20 reloadable. :cheers:

Another way to look at it is that you can load full capacity with the bolt/slide open, but only "reloadable" when closed because that pushes down the top bullet and compresses the mag a bit.