Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 24 or Glock 35 for Limited

sfinney

Starting from scratch, and building a pure Limited gun (not Prod), what is the best platform - G35 or G24 - I hear the 24 is to nose heavy, but thats in stock form - with a Brass magwell, maybe tungsten guide rod, Dawson sights, 20 rd mags, Vaneck trigger, grip tape, would the 6" be okay or is the 5" the only way to go?

I'd be using a Ghost holster, so length is not an issue from that regard. And I'd prefer the Glock to be heavier than stock, so weight is good.

(I've shot lightened 6" STIs and 5" S_Is, and prefered the 6" - thats why I'm asking) ;)

Thanks for any opinions or feedback.

It's all just subjective opinion and preference. I like the G22 for LTD. Most people like the G35.

The great thing about Glock is that you can pick up a complete uppper for around $250, although the G24 is harder to find. Try them and see what you like. Sell the upper you don't like as well.

Good luck.

I have shot G-35 in limited for 2 years. Got my hands on a G-24 about nine months ago and my classifier and match results have soared at least 10%.

Things that make the 24 work-- extended tungsten guide rod w'15lb spring,

biggest heaviest mag well you can find, whatever trigger you like to spend the money on getting(polished stock in mine), Dawson sights for sure, plenty of Slide Glile #3 everywhere and last but not least 170 min power factor ammo. It shoots softer with 180pf and insures feeding from full 20 rd. mags.

P.S. If you have trigger work done, test fire and check for firm primer hits.

(this has come back to bite me in butt)

Ok, figured I would get alot of "just depends on what you like" answers.... thanks for your input.

Guess what I really want to know, is more: is comparing a G24 6" to a G35 5" simliar to comparing a 6" STI to a 5 STI" ? Handling wise, etc. Anyone shot a 6" STI and like it, that has also shot a G24? Or is this line of comparison totally off track.

Gotta good lead on G24 Limited gun...... don't want to buy it and find out I should have just bought a G35 in the first place. Of course, I could always sell the top end, as suggested.

Thanks!

EDITED - thanks glock24man - thats the kinda feedback I'm looking for!

I have only shot Glocks. If you get a good deal on a 24 GET IT!! 35s are out there all day long, while 24s are a little harder to find. The only thing I didn't like about the 24 is it does not have the finger grooves like the 35 has. I just swapped 24 slide on 35 frame. Gets alot of attention people seeing 6" slide on finger groove frame. Hope this helps

If you think resale the G35 has the posibility to be run as an IDPA gun as well. The G24 is an USPSA gun only (competition wise). Something to think about since for most of us the next gun purchase is just that - the next purchase. It usually isn't the end all of gun purchases and resale is an important consideration. You'll be happy with a G35, but if you have your heart set on a 24 you won't go wrong either. The G35 just has a little more application flexibility.

Flex,

Glad you said that, cause I was gonna tell finney that if he bought the 24 and didn't like it, I'd take the top end. I shoot my 35 in production and will start playing with my 22 to see which I like better.

But I have seriously considered getting a 24 top end and shooting Limited again. I know it will be a big change after making GM in Limited and shooting STI's for 10 years, but I like the change. I also figured the longer barrel will allow you to download by about .2 or .3 and you can always lighten the slide a little to reduce moving mass. Anyway, thanks for the heads up.