Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 gen2

JPetrowski

I was curious what everyone's thoughts were on gen 2 glocks. My dad really likes my gen3 glock34 and he found a gen2. He asked me about it and I told him I thought it would be the same as my gen3. The place he is getting it from has several gen2 Glock34's for sale at $350 each. Is there anything I should let him know of?

I'm pretty sure all G34s are Gen 3, 3 pins.

I have an early Gen 3 2-pin Glock 34 that I purchased new from a dealer many years ago. It has the finger grooves on the frame just like the newer 3-pin Gen 3's and still had that little half-moon scallop on the lower front unlike the much newer Gen 3's. To date it, the Serial # starts with an E. My recollection is that Glock switched everything over to 3-pin mid Gen 3 (without changing the Gen 3) not long thereafter, so the earlier Gen 3 34's were indeed 2-pin.

Pretty sure there are no Gen2 34s. So these are very likely to be mixed serial guns where a 34 upper was put on a Gen2 G17 or factory replacement frame. If you don't care about the frame/upper serials matching, $350 is a great price if it comes with some mags and you like Gen2. Personally, I much prefer the finger grooves and thumb rest.

As mentioned, early Gen3 17's and 34's did not have the locking block pin. My 34 and first run GSSF special edition 17 are 2-pin frames. They switched to 3-pin between the first and second batches of 500 in the GSSF special edition 17.