Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag vs SOG Black 6 Gear Bag?

Stan-O

Gentlemen, thanks for all the replies, some food for thought here for sure.

I was really hoping someone have had a hands-on experience with both SOG and Midway bags tho. My choice is limited to those two at the moment.

I checked out the SOG bag at the store and I think it looked smaller than the Midway bag (which I believe is a clone of the Shooters Connection Tournament Series PRO Bag) and if I paid attention to the web-sites I would have noticed it while doing my research at home.

It looked pretty decent tho and I was ready to buy it but then noticed that it's missing the gun sleeve and it was the last one at the store, so I passed.

As much as I like my buddy's Midway bag, out of the two I think I would prefer the size of the SOG bag. If you fill the Midway bag up to the brim it might get very heavy, so no advantage in size imho.

I think I'll just order SOG bag online from Walmart while they still have them.

I have the shooters connection bag, the smaller of the two. Still really big though. It's awesome. Build quality blows away 5.11 stuff of which I am used to. Thing weighs like 10 pounds with nothing in it. Can load it down with a ton of ammo and will not flex or anything. Just the right amount of compartments and mag pouches without being too much going on.

the Midway bag (which I believe is a clone of the Shooters Connection Tournament Series PRO Bag)

Not true. The midway bag is a cheap knock off not a clone.

the Midway bag (which I believe is a clone of the Shooters Connection Tournament Series PRO Bag)

Not true. The midway bag is a cheap knock off not a clone.

I'm with you on that, but I was being PC. ;)

I have a Shooter's connection bag. It's too big.

If you're looking for something that doesn't scream "GUN!" when you're carrying stuff to and from the car, go with a Craftsman or DeWalt tool bag. At least that way, your neighbors will think you are on your way to work on somebody's house.

I think I am going to put eye bolts through each narrow end of a surplus ammo can. Then a shoulder strap will get attached to the eyebolts, so I can carry my ammo that way.

I'm currently looking at a tool bag myself.

This one Bucket Boss tool bag http://www.bucketboss.com/64018.html

I was looking at some L.L. Bean duffle bags... They look pretty decent. I've had some of their back packs when I was younger and they held up well through all the stuff I did from school, camping, road trips etc. I wonder how well they'd hold up on a range...?

I have the Midway bag and while it is not close to the Shooters Connection bag that my friend has, mine was only $39.99 on sale...so I can live with that :devil:. Besides, by the time it is loaded with 3 handguns & ammo it is too heavy to carry very far so I usually put the ammo into a 30cal box and call it good.

I was looking at some L.L. Bean duffle bags... They look pretty decent. I've had some of their back packs when I was younger and they held up well through all the stuff I did from school, camping, road trips etc. I wonder how well they'd hold up on a range...?

I've used one for a while. They are good quality but it's hard to organize stuff in it. I also used one of those LL Bean canvas tote bags (the kind women would take to the beach) and it works very well except the same deal with organizing.