Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip Reduction

Jody Waring

i did my grip reduction today. Wow. I can't believe the difference in the feel of the gun. Did I say wow? It took about 1.5 hours and turned out really well. Just going to grip tape it up but hopeful that I can checker the grip eventually and refinish later. Totally impressed; I'm not sure who I'm quoting but "the only regret I have about doing the grip reduction was not doing it sooner." Thanks for all the great posts here guys, it helped my confidence to take on the task!

I did. I put it off for a while but decided I may as well do it if this was going to be the gun I would be competing with. I found the waffle pattern to actually be slippery once my hands got slippery. It's amazing how much better the grip feels. Going to tape it up and hopefully shoot a match tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

I used a sanding drum on a full sized pencil grinder that is variable speed. I took my time but it went quicker than u expected. I finished it by putting the frame in the vice and with a narrow strip of sandpaper I "shoe shined" the frame front and back. If I ever do another I would like to video the whole process. I was going to remove the grip tape but I've got a match tomorrow night.