Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CRACKED SLIDE Wonder finish witness - My experience with EAA.

Rdot84

Hey guys, and gals! I just wanted to share my customer service experience with everyone. I had always heard mixed things regarding the quality of their customer service. I bought a well used 1996 m9del wonder finish steel witness full size over Christmas. I was in love from after shooting my first 5 rounds through it. It has a wonderful feel, is very accurate, and and cost me very little money compared to some other makes. Well, a few months later, and 300 - 400 rounds through it, it had begun to shoot considerably low left. I had thought maybe I was having a bad day at the range, or had somehow knocked the rear sight. Upon arriving home from the range, I went to the bench for the usual cleaning, when I discover a chunk of the slide, under the ejection port had broken off! Yes, a chunk! I contacted EAA and explained my situation. They told me to ship it to them, and they would take care of it. I did. I received my pistol back in exactly one week from the day I shipped it! I couldn't believe it. I was very very happy with this. Upon opening, and inspecting the pistol, I had found that the slide was the updated "square" version, which is matte blue. They had noted on the work order that the wonder finish slides are no longer available. I was fine with this, as the pistol looks great in its new dual tone format. They also threw in a t-shirt and an extra magazine for my pistol! I am beyond thrilled with my experience, and consider their customer service top notch. I would recommend this pistol to everyone, and also that anyone having issues, not hesitate to contact EAA!! Sorry if this is long and poorly written. I'm trying to squeeze it in on my lunch break. I will post pictures later tonight.

i dont know about this.

I called eaa with an issue for my pistol ( also bought used), but was told since im not the original owner it would not be covered.

Edited by e-mishka

• 2 weeks later...

My customer service experience hasn't been anywhere near this good.

I noticed the frame on my gun had a crack in it, along the slide rail by the safety hole. You can see it pretty clearly in this picture:

post-24290-0-61269500-1431080634_thumb.j

I contacted EAA, explained the situation, and was told to send it in. They recieved it back in October. I've called more times than I can recall since then, and while I'm thrilled that they say they are going to replace the entire pistol, it has been over six months without any solid response. When I call, my inquiries are met with a "Yeah, it shouldn't be taking this long, let me get your number and I'll have a manager call you back." I've been told to expect a call back from a manager at least four times so far and have not recieved any calls from EAA.

To be fair, yesterday morning I did get an email asking if I still wanted to use the FFL I had originally told them I was going to use back in October. I'm really hoping that this means I can expect something soon.

It's a shame, really. I love the Tanfos and can't imagine shooting anything else. I've got very large hands and I feel cramped with the controls and trigger position on the STI and SVI platforms. Even the CZ offerings feel small to me.

• 7 months later...

On mine, the slide cracked at the point where the slide gets bigger to house the recoil spring. Sent it in and in a couple of weeks, it was back with a blued slide on it, which is fine, but does the "wonder finish" contribute to these failures? B)

• 5 months later...

I just dropped off my Wonderfinish .40 Witness at the gun shop that I picked it up from and supposedly the online retailer is sending a replacement. The thin part of the slide below the ejection port cracked all the way through.