Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

issues with 4# striker spring on Glock 35

evilbeef54

Tried the stock return spring w/ the ghost connector, tried the stock connector with the ghost spring. The only combo i havent tried it stock everything with the 4# striker spring. However, i dont think i should have to do that. It should be able to work with everything.... i think

Or try stock striker spring (i know,i know) with the Ghost everything else. Worth a try.
^ this. I had the same problem. I used the stock striker spring and reset was normal

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the Wolf increased trigger spring and had poor reset. Using a reduced safety plunger spring helped. I eventually went back to the stock trigger spring since the reset feel was poor. Supposedly the increased trigger spring and reduced striker spring is a bad combo leading to reset issues..

I tried the Wolf increased trigger spring and had poor reset. Using a reduced safety plunger spring helped. I eventually went back to the stock trigger spring since the reset feel was poor. Supposedly the increased trigger spring and reduced striker spring is a bad combo leading to reset issues..

I believe this is true, especially for the gen4 pistols

I believe this is true, especially for the gen4 pistols

It definitely fixed my issues on my gen 3 G35. Fired about 500 rounds since i last updated here, NO issues, and a mix of Fed Match, Win, and an OLD bag of RANDOM primers... 0 light strikes 0 reset issues, working flawless... knock on wood

There are a couple bad combinations of spring/parts with glocks

Light weight(4 pound) striker spring, heavy trigger spring---what this does is it dosent always allow the trigger to fully reset past the trigger safety as these springs work against each other and the light striker spring isn't strong enough to work against the heavier trigger spring. the fix to replace one of the springs with a factory part

Light recoil spring(mainly 10-11 pounds) and full power striker spring---what this does is it can allow the gun to pull out of battery just a little when firing. The striker spring is basically pushing it out, and the recoil spring is pushing it into battery so the recoil spring can be overcome and it moves just slightly out of battery---the fix is use a little heavier recoil spring or a lighter striker spring.

Light Striker spring(4pound) and full weight striker--this combo MAY cause light strikes especially with hard primers mainly Tula, and some CCI. If used you should replace the spring pretty often and try and use federal primers if possible. The other fix is to add a reduced weight striker or a 4.5 pound striker spring which usually clears it up

A good combination of springs that usually works well is a factory Trigger spring, 4/4.5 pound striker spring with a reduced striker or a 4.5/factory striker spring with a factory striker and a 13 pound recoil spring.

Glocks are easy to work on but a lot of the springs and parts are a balancing act as they work with each other to function correctly and problems often occur when they are used in bad combinations

• 1 month later...