Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Steel Matches in Tricities WA

drysideshooter

There are going to be 3 steel matches scheduled at the Tricities Shooting Association Rattlesnake Mountain Shooting Facility pistol bays. The dates are May 23, August 22, and October 24. It will follow an ISSA format and will be 5 or 6 stages each match. We are hoping to attract some of the folks we enjoy shooting with at the Yakima (YRPA) and Ephrata (Ephrata Sportsmen) matches, as well as some new local shooters. For those that haven't been to the shooting complex, the pistol bays are very nice, and parking is plentiful. If anyone needs directions, please PM me. For those traveling to the area, there is camping nearby and lodging choices are plentiful. To read a bit about the ranges and the club you can go to https://www.tcsa.info

Hope to see some of you there.

I haven't heard anything about the state match yet. The next time I see Grant I will ask him.

There is a big YRPA match in June in Yakima. It coincides with their clubs 100th anniversary as an NRA affiliated club. That match includes lunch and has a great prize table this year. Always a lot of fun.

Good to hear you guys are starting to do steel out there! For anyone who hasn't been Rattlesnake Mountain is a very nice range!

YRPA is doing our 8 stage "Steel Classic" match June 6th. We will be shooting 8 new stages that look like they will be a lot of fun! Lunch is provided and the prize table usually has something for everyone who attends. (Thanks for the plug drysideshooter).

If you anyone is on Facebook there is a Central Washington Action Shooting Page that usually stays pretty current on matches in the area.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Central-Washington-Action-Shooters/751180358328731

Edited by Nickb45

Ephrata is doing a State match June 20th. Entry forms will be on Practiscore this weekend.

That's great to know! We will be there for sure. That is right after the big YRPA match.

We are hoping to get enough shooters at the 3 matches this year for it to become a regular monthly match.

I also learned just last night, while at the range with my son, that apparently there is a new match at Rattlesnake every other Wednesday evening at 6:00. They are running a pro-am style match with all steel targets, and a few stages. We looked at one of the stages they were setting up and it used a plate rack and several poppers and other steel targets, about 19 total. I suggested they get it on the TCSA website so other folks can find out about it. If I learn any more about it I will be sure to post it here.

That's awesome! I might have to plan some trips out there. All steel USPSA style stages are a lot of fun! Tell them to get it on their Facebook page and I will be sure to get the word out to the Yakima area locals!

The group that runs the matches in Ephrata has decided to not affiliate with Steel Challenge. They are running under International Steel Shooters Association rules and guidelines. This year marks the second year that they have been doing so.

Sorry for the redirect of your thread.

I am very excited that you decided to shoot on the Saturdays of the months listed! I am hoping to make at least one of them, depending on work schedules.

My son and I recently shot our first match in Ephrata since the change to ISSA. Great club, range and format. Now that my son's schedule allows, we plan on making that match regularly.

Hope you can make it to some of the matches at TCSA Grant. With enough interest it could become a regular monthly match next year. If we had Yakima, Ephrata and Tricites all with monthly matches it would mean 3 great monthly opportunities in eastern WA.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have to try and head over your way for at least one of your matches. It's a bit of a long haul for me (live on Whidbey Island) but if there's camping near by I'll make a cast & blast trip out of it and stay for some fishing also. I've been to several of both Yakima and Ephrata matches, great folks putting on super matches. Looking forward to visiting the Tri-Cities.

Edited by IHMSA15151

Steve, Benton County has a nice campground pretty close to the range.

ON EDIT: The park is called Horn Rapids Park. It's right n the Yakima River, and close to the range.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone that made it to the first match for the Rattlesnake Steel Shooters. We ended up with 53 guns which we were very happy with considering it was a long holiday weekend. We had a lot of support from Yakima and Ephrata shooters, and we genuinely appreciate it. Mike did a great job picking 6 fun and varied stages.

Based on comments after the match it looks like this will probably become a regular monthly match. I will keep everyone updated.

We already have matches scheduled for the fourth Saturday's of August and October. Working on adding one in July, September and November and December and it becoming a regular monthly match.

Right now, to avoid other conflicts at our range, we are thinking it will be the first Sunday of the month most months. In some of the months that have 5 Saturday's we may have it on the 4th Saturday so those that can't join us on Sunday's can make some of our matches. $10 first gun, $5 second gun and juniors shoot free.

The first Sunday is the day after the monthly shoot in Yakima, so hopefully some of the folks that travel to the Yakima shoot can stay over and shoot with us the following day. The TCSA range in Benton City is only an hour from the YRPA range, and if you take Hsy 24 to 240 to 225 it's a nice drive. I was hoping I would have a chance after the match to show some of the out of area shooters our other facilities, but time got tight. We have 13 pistol bays, a Cowboy Action town, a 100yd Hunter Education Range with covered shooting positions, the Rose Iris 100yd public range with covered shooting positions, a shotgun trap/skeet range with token operated birds and a beautiful clubhouse with a full kitchen, and one of the few 1000yd ranged in the NW with shooting lines from 100-1,000 yards. During the steel shoots we will keep the fridge in the range house stocked with bottled water so everyone can stay hydrated.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you going to have one the first Sunday in June? I'll be over in Yakima on Sat. for their Steel Classic and could easily spend one more day on the "dry side".

No. Our first monthly match will actually be the 2nd Sunday in July. Because of the shoot in Yakima this weekend and the big shoot in Ephrata on the 20th we didn't want to do a match in June. I posted the dates for the rest of the year in another thread here. See you in Yakima Saturday.

• 2 months later...