Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom jersey question

Swanny10

Interesting you mentioned the flag as worn on the shirt. We have an Army MP Captain who said that the flag must be worn on the right shoulder, stars forward. I've noticed that other shirts have the flag on the left. All I know is that the star field must always be on the forward direction of the shirt, whether left or right.

You are absolutely correct, regardless of which side it is on, our stars go into battle first. I have never heard that it is correct to have it on one side or the other as long as it is being displayed properly. When I invision our flag waiving in the wind, I see it with the stars and field on the left, so on both of the team shirts that I have designed I placed the flag on our left shoulders, stars forward. I too have seen shirts made with the flag on either side and on some, I've seen the flag was displayed on both shoulders on the same shirt. I will never design a shirt that does not display our flag, I just hope that because I like the look of it on the left sleeve better, I am not disrespecting or incorrectly displaying our flag. This is something that I take very seriously and will try and correct it if necessary. Please let me know of any other information on this. Thank You

Right or left is correct by military standards...

http://www.usflag.org/flagpatch.html

Right or left is correct (right sleeve is more common in the military). Most important is that the stars are forward (advancing) never to the rear (retreating). I occasionally see this in TV/movies and in public and it irritates me beyond belief.