Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom jersey question

Swanny10

So I am looking at having a shirt made. Of all the major companies (animal customs, g2, etc) do any of them have a jersey which is more form fitting? Not compression material but something that's a bit more snug. I don't like baggy clothing.

Funny how the OP mentioned the two lesser players in the game when he said "major companies". :)

By far TechWear is the way to go. They are very helpful when designing a shirt, quick to reply, and support this sport in a way that can't be matched.

I had several TechWear shirts and they are great to deal with. My last order was nothing special but they had them to me in a week. I just ordered some Gunsta shirts and they seem to be pretty good so far. I believe both of these companies will take-in shirts if you ask them. I don't know much about the companies you listed.

Funny how the OP mentioned the two lesser players in the game when he said "major companies". :)

By far TechWear is the way to go. They are very helpful when designing a shirt, quick to reply, and support this sport in a way that can't be matched.

Sarge-

Yeah those two names were the first to come to mind. Which shows how little I know about the subject. Thanks for the feedback from everyone. I will give techwear a look when I get a chance.

just got my new company jerseys from TechWear. Needed them in time for the Steel Challenge Nationals and they delivered without issue. The artist working on my design would get on the phone with me and we'd discuss what I wanted & in basically real-time he would make the change & e-mail it to me while on the phone. In less then an hr I had a final design I was thrilled with ... fabulous company to work with

Edited by Nimitz

The Icarus shirts are smaller/snugger fitting than gunsta out of the box. Have a look at them and ask for the size chart.

Do you have a rough estimate of their price list? I can't find a single price point on their website.

The Icarus shirts are smaller/snugger fitting than gunsta out of the box. Have a look at them and ask for the size chart.

Do you have a rough estimate of their price list? I can't find a single price point on their website.

I guess it depends on volume but a guy at my club recently got a batch for us and price was about the same as other gunsta shirts etc. I'd say price is on par with the other brands.

• 3 months later...

Our club had 11 members wanting shirts for Area 1. We had some logos from local companies, had 1 custom logo done, and sent it in.

With proof work, and 11 shirts, it was $95 ea, with 5% discounts for active military or LEO's. Uses zip/mandarin collar. Nice shirts.

A1ShirtFt.jpgA1Shirt.jpg

TW had a design template on their website. If you want to pay them they will design the shirt from the ground up. I would call and talk to Bob Novak. He runs the show. He is also a shooter and a heck of a nice guy

Edited by Sarge

• 3 weeks later...

TECHWEAR is the only way to go in my opinion. I've designed Team Shirts when I shot for a major shooting goods company and this year I redesigned the shirts when my team starting shooting for a firearms retailer.

As everyone has said before there're a great company to work with and have great basic designs to get you headed in the right direction. The colors of your shirt, that TECHWEAR emails you for your final approval are pretty close to what you get but not exact. Between different colored monitors that you use and what somebody else uses will have slight color variations to them. I also like the fades and I think the coloring is harder because you're mixing colors together. As far as size, they can build the shirt that you want. I'm 6'7" - 275lb and a XXL tall fits me perfect and I like them tighter around the waist so they stay out of my way. I wanted to go with the button up polo but in the pictures they looked to me like they don't lay very flat, so I've always done polos with zipper fronts. Is the look really that important? It is to me when my sponsor is laying out around $1,700 for all of your shirts.

I think the best feature of these shirts that no one has mentioned is the quality and the performance of them. Their custom polo shirts are side vented and made from a material that I think is much cooler than any other national name brandB shirt I've worn and I've tried them all. We shoot in 90 to 100 degree weather in the summer and this was a huge reason for me choosing TECHWEAR. Ok and they look pretty cool too.

so questions, if I want to order a shooting jersey but I'm not really sponsored by anyone, can I still use all those logos, etc?

TW in my experience will not put a logo on a shirt unless you show them you have permission. I had to get confirmation emails for my most recent shirts.

Sorry for the slow comeback on this Swanny. You don't really need any company names to make a great looking shirt, look at what AWFAXIS did with there group shirts. Some of their shirts might have company logos on them, but they would look awesome with just the USPSA logo and your name one the back. TECHWEAR used to have preapproval to print some of the company logos that they show on one of their pages. I don't know if that's true anymore. Mine have been just that simple. The current shirts we wear, just show the gun stores logo, name and email address on the back with my name just above that under the collar. Left sleeve I "always" have the American flag and on the right side I have the Glock logo. That logo took some doing but I have one of the top GSSF shooters on my team. Sides have our website again or TECHWEAR will put their logo. On the front I have my first name on the left and my stores logo on the right. Shirts are black fade to royal blue. TECHWEAR will help you some matching custom color strips for the side if you want them. The skies the limit on their colors.